Saturdays.

So yesterday, lots of things that don't happen often to me happened.

#1. IT SNOWED. 
We were coming out of the train station on our way to church and as I'm about to climb the second flight of stairs, I see little bits of white ice coming down. For a split second I was like, 'uh, what's that?' And then it hit me and I got SO excited. My mom was taking forever but it didn't really matter. Also, it was freeeezing cold. A note for anyone who visits me in winter, bring gloves. You will need them, I promise. Anyway, gloves and an umbrella later, we finally leave the station and make it to church. I don't know what everyone was fussing about, despite the extra coldness, I really like snow. 

Granted this is not snow but it is a bridge in Harlem a little after it snowed. I'll get one for you all soon. As soon as it snows again...which might be on Tuesday. 

#2. Family time 
Excuse me while I wax sentimental for a moment. Hung out with family all day during church, after church for lunch which was practically dinner by the time we ate it, and all night since we spent the night at my aunt's in Jersey. People always used to talk about how family is everything but growing up with everyone on the other size of the country and being an only child myself, I never really understood that feeling or sentiment until yesterday. It's really nice to just hung out with your cousins and aunts, talking and playing games all night. Stayed up until 2am with a couple cousins talking about producing music just because we were there. It felt good to have my family all get excited to be seeing more of me. Family is cool.

Aunt. Aunt. Aunt. Mom.

#3. Tinder
So you know that dating app Tinder? Well in California, it didn't give me anything. Here however, people are straight rolling in. Not that I'm complaining... ;)

Currently, I'm waiting for the call that my furniture has arrived. You'll get photos only once my place looks presentable. Tomorrow I should have a good post for you since we're going into my dream city (aka Manhattan) for some shopping and site-seeing. Then Tuesday I have the cable people coming so hopefully I can catch up on all the TV I've missed (it's getting a little out of control) and hit the pavement for a job. Until then my loves...
xx

Comments

Popular Posts