Notes on Flying.

*photos attached below their respective section

Part 1: Home to La Guardia Airport

  • don't stress about the train taking an hour to get you to Grand Central. Your flight's been delayed anyway 
  • NYC Airporter is only a good idea if you already know where the pick up place is AND you can get a seat. Otherwise, it just sounds nice
  • in reference to the above note about no available seats. There were men in there too. Chivalry is dead 
  • snarky shuttle drivers will not be tolerated 
  • good music will be pivotal, if you have the patience to whip out your iPod (I didn't)
  • hot flashes are real and they are terrible
  • switching from the leather jacket to a parka moments before checking my bag was the best decision I've made all day, hands down
  • La Guardia airport is confusing. But then  so are all airports you've never been to more than once
  • chucks are the best shoes for traveling thus far
  • there is a indie boy sitting in the same gate as me and if he's on my flight, let us pray he sits near me and we end up chatting/laughing/falling in love, etc. 
  • that camera you value so much? PACK IT. Now I just have a spare bag to keep track of while running to my connecting flight. Fun 


Part 2: the Actual Flight

  • ironic because there was a seat next to indie hottie but I was not down to sit next to the man on the other side of that seat. -window seats are always always better. Always
  • a book is a fabulous thing
  • so are veggie flavored Wheat Thins for free
  • the difference between having to wear your seat belt and not having to wear you seat belt, unless you're actually getting up, is that there really isn't one
  • being chocolate with you whenever you're on a plane. You will need it 
  • I'm destined to short cat naps because a real sleep on a plane makes me nervous 
  • also my mouth kept falling open which was strange 
  • if you are like me and going to book route, make sure to bring one that you don't have the potential to finish in one flight


They were KO'ed... momentarily

This didn't turn out as gorgeous as it was in person


Part 3: Flight from Denver to Orange

  • only had 10 minutes to make my connection but ya girl did it!
  • sat next to this lady and her husband and they were much better seat mates than that first guy
  • finished my book, so there's also that. now I need another one for the trip back... cool
  • also, two free packets of lightly salted peanuts what what

And that was the end of that. 
Until next time lovelies, 
xx

Comments

Popular Posts