A Visit: Late Nights and Early Mornings

Sorry it's taken me so long to write about this. But I knew this post was going to be long and I'm always so busy now. Annnnnyways, on to the goods!

Last week was been so intense I can't even begin to tell you. Ha, who am I kidding, of course I can tell you. 

You've already seen and heard about last last weekend so I'll start with last Monday. Krista came into the city with me for work and we met up after. This lead to us walking across the Williamsburg bridge, Baskin Robbins in my hand. It was sooo gorgeous!!

Bridge times #1

Lyrics from a favorite-ish song of mine spray painted on said bridge

Outside display of an art studio called Wallplay

After the bridge, we ran across yet another adorable bookstore then had a Trader Joe's run that resulted in pizza and is combing through photos from the Met Gala. It was a lovely night over all. 

Tuesday was a bit different. Krista and her friend Kristi and I all met up after I got off work and we went to the High Line park in midtown. The view up there was gorgeous. 

View from the High Line

Very Harlem-esque

I'm definitely planning on going back at night to see what's what and star haze a bit possibly? We'll have to see. 

After the park, we went to dinner with Kristi's friend Sergio and ended up seeing Miles McMillan AND Ethan James in person. If you know who they are, you're probably freaking out. If you don't know who they are, well they're models. You should google them. They're beautiful. 
Anyway, after that, along with my being convinced to ditch a movie and go to the show everyone else was going to, we went to see Toy a couple blocks over. 
*FYI that's what's great about New York, everything is just a few blocks over. 

Beautiful British boys blowing your mind

HOT BRITISH BOYS MAKE THE BEST BANDS. Just saying. That show was too good. We didn't even get home until like 1:30am or something. I was so incredibly deaf, not to mention exhausted, the next day it wasn't even funny. Speaking of the next day though...

Wednesday. We saw Foals. Need I say more?

Beautiful beautiful Yannis bby

Swoooooooon

No, I don't think I do. We didn't get to meet them unfortunately because thy decided to hang out and order pizza to be delivered. We saw the delivery guy and seriously considered trying to take his place. Lol but seriously. 

Before we saw the beautiful men that are Foals, we went to the Chelsea market which was ADORABLE and so artsy. It's like Etsy but in real life. After this, we somehow ended up walking across the Brooklyn  Bridge. Lots of walking was done during this week as you can tell. 

Bridge times #2

Like that bike locks thing in France

This is what I looked like that day, in case you were wondering.

G*star

And if not, well now you know anyway. Had my chucks on and I felt like a boss.

Thursday however, I had to calm down. I was running low on energy, laundry and hearing so I called it a night early. 

Friday Krista and I met up for lunch at Chipotle and then went our separate ways for the rest of the day and majority of the night. If you want juicier deets, you've got to ask her but she certainly had an interesting night, I'll say that much ;) ;)

Saturday was church as always for me. After his we were planning on going to Pomander a Walk and Fort Tyron park but the rain was not having it. Luckily my cousin was going to Brooklyn so we got a free ride home instead of having to sit on a train for an hour plus. 

Harlem showers bring...

After a little break and a change of nail color for me, we went back out on the town to Brooklyn for a DJ party that turned out to be kind of crappy. From there, it was on to a French restaurant where we only ordered side dishes, failed to find a late night showing of any decent movie, and decided to meet up with a guy Krista had been talking to. Yes, I third-wheeled it. Yes, I lol'ed. No, it was not awkward. The guy was cool and nice enough but way more into techno, electro, and hip-hop than I would have expected from my little indie darling Krista. She was a fair bit surprised too.

French restaurant set-up

After that, we made it home by around 3 something or close to it and knocked out. 

Sunday, after having my cable fixed, we took pics on my fire escape, because yes, I have an awesome fire escape. Then we went up to check out the situation on my roof and it is so prime for a party I cannot even begin to tell you. I cannot wait for that to happen. 

Ridiculous hair and rooftop stuff

Soon after, Krista hopped into a car service to get to the airport and I headed to the gym in shorts for the first time this year. Needless to say, it was a fabulous trip for her and I enjoyed it quite a bit myself. Always good to see that girl. Having company is fun/exhausting/expensive/exhilarating. :)

Well I'm exhausted and I'm getting on a plane tomorrow so...

Until next time lovelies,
xx

PS. To some of my Cali peeps, see you in two days. ;)




Comments

Popular Posts