Memorial Testimonial.

Well hello there,
So this past weekend I spent in Jersey, hanging out with the fam and trying my hardest not to eat too much food. That last one got difficult real quick. The weekend began with me, in a fantastic outfit, heading over to church on Saturday morning. After arriving and sitting through a fairly decent service, I hopped in the car with my aunt and went to her house. 

Bathroom selfie of the outfit


Bridge timez for life

From there, lunch at her place with my favoritest cousin was good and we spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening shooting the breeze and talking about random things. 

The late evening entailed two things I can never get enough of. Firstly, we went to a place called Rita's which serves custard and gelato. This is one of the best cheap desserts I've ever tasted in my entire life. 


Wild black cherry gelato with vanilla custard. Mind=blown. After that little run it was off to the movies for a late night showing where I finally saw for the first time while he saw for the second time, Captain America: Winter Soldier. It was quite decent to boot actually. I did mistake the Winter Soldier for the villain in G. I. Joe for the longest though. Also, Chris Evans is just really hot. That was of that day. Sunday I had Chipotle and got a balloon from a $5 store, which is different but has the same concept as a $1 store, go figure. Things were also interesting later, mostly because I helped him set-up for our family Memorial Day gathering set for Monday afternoon. This included us installing at 10ft fence, practically knitting wire together to attach two separate pieces, and practicing volleyball resulting in two bruised wrists. Needless to say, I got more of a workout that day than I was expecting.

ma balloooooon

Aprés çet (after that), we got ready for an epic movie night. All in all we watched The Exorcism of Emily rose (so whack but thought provoking if you take the time) and Let the Right One In (original to Let Me In but in Swedish. We had rnglish dubs. Movie still mostly just made me chuckle). Just as we were starting Requiem for a Dream (don't judge but I hadn't seen it before), my faves older brother aka another older cousin of mine, came in and literally starting ranting and raving about some family nonsense. Would you like to know how long it lasted? Well I'll tell you. It lasted two and a half hours.  
Two and a half HOURS. 
Now just imagine my displeasure. Once we finally got him to calm down and let it go, sort of, we started up the marathon again. Requiem was phenomenal and now I know why everyone loves it. It's so great. And Jared Leto though!!? After that, even though it was like 2 something and I knew better, we, and then just me because the both of them fell asleep, watched Whip It. Again, SO good. Ellen Page is grrrreat. And who doesn't love Drew Barrymore? Or Kristen Wiig? Or Juliette Lewis? Together?!? Too fab. I want to start doing roller derby. Wouldn't that be interesting... Finally Monday rolled around and I woke up reminding myself that today was the last day for a while where I would be: A). woken up by the sound of other people moving around in a house, B.) woken up with no prospect having any coffee to help me through the next two hours, let alone the day. After getting over this revelation, we finished setting everything up and a little after. I finished officially getting ready, the fam started to show up. The next 6 and a half hours included lots of laughs, jokes, jabs and good food, as well as a little volleyball, but not on my part. 

kabob kabob kabob vegan kabob

Fast forward to dessert time aka the best time. So all of a sudden, half of us are sitting on the patio and my aunt drops a card in my lap and says congratulations. I knew it was for graduation since she'd told me she had a card for me before I left for California but I wasn't about to be super greedy and ask her about it if she didn't remember. It seemed incredibly desperate and rude and I am characteristically neither of those things. After opening hers, hugging and thanking her, I received three more cards from other family members, one of which included probably the most adorable and definitely one of most heart felt cards I've ever received in my life. This was followed by two separate boxes of cupcakes my fave bought. He made sure to get two splicing cupcakes because he knows my love of coffee is strong. What a gent. But as for the cards, let's just say, thanks to my fam I'm now rolling in the dough just a bit. **don't hate** :) 

They got a little jumbled on the ride home poor things but these are the leftovers

Cappuccino cupcake goodness

The drive home after taking everything down and saying goodbye to everyone was fairly quick and easy. The drive itself was hilarious because my cousin and I are a little cray (it runs in the family). So is Google Maps which took us in a direction neither of us had ever been before. It was definitely better than the one he usually takes though so I didn't complain at all. Scenic stuff is nice even if that was one of the most confusing drives of my entire life.

Empire State of so cliché

After re-doing my nails, watching last night's Penny Dreadful, and waiting for a phone call that didn't come, I am now going to bed. I'm more exhausted than a 90-year old after an all day bingo tournament. What a fun holiday weekend it was. 

Until next time lovelies,
xx

*Note to self: if a person doesn't have coffee at their home or within walking distance, you are not to go to that person's house. No coffee=torture.

Ps. Other notes of interest: My favorite bracelet broke. My fave sent me home with mandatory movies I need to watch (his collection baffles mine) and salsa and guac mixes because he knows me best. 

Comments

Popular Posts