Valentine's Day Madness.

So today marks a lot of things, firsts to be exact.
  1. First full month on my own
  2. First day of work in a month
  3. First Valentine's day in New York City
Alright, so we'll just tackle these in order then. As for the first full month on my own, I just love it. I've realized over this month, like I've already told you, that I'm pretty much never coming back to California permanently. The atmosphere is great here and plus there's no sales tax. HALLELUJAH! Living alone isn't as boring or "lonely" as people say it is but maybe that's just because I don't mind being alone a lot. There's a difference between being alone and being lonely for sure. I'm alone here in a matter of speaking, but not lonely, not in the least. ;)

Now for the first day of work in a month" bit. I got a call yesterday from one of the temp agencies I'm with now and they were like, "We have a job for you tomorrow!" And I was like, "Sweet!" Okay, so I didn't say "sweet" but I mean you get the picture. I was very excited. Working in the city is lovely because if you didn't bring a lunch but you have an hour to eat it, lunch is suddenly everywhere and it's all in walking distance. If I hadn't been so starving I would have gone on a little trip to Zara too but ultimately decided against it. Why spend money from a paycheck I haven't even received yet. That's not the way to do it (I try so hard to believe this but it is an everlasting work in progress). It was only for today so now I'm jobless yet again but some work is better than no work. Even if that work was so boring I could have shot myself in the foot for entertainment. I don't mind doing data entry but I mean merciful heaven. This is why I want to assist someone in the creative field so at least then hopefully I'll be getting up and down and running all over the place instead of sitting in one spot, one attitude for like 7 hours a day, every day. My poor wrist and hand were killing me by the end of it. AND it took an hour to get home because the subway was so packed with all these cute men and their bags of goodies for their ladies-who-sadly-aren't-me back home. This brings me to my third point...

Valentine's day. What a day, what a day. In California, always finding myself single on this day, I used to literally dread it. Especially if I had school that day. Unless I was still giving out hope that an adorable little secret admirer card and chocolate would land on my desk during class, it gets annoying seeing that many couples all lovey dovey in one day. Here, I didn't dread it thank goodness. It was kind of cute seeing all these guys walk around with their bags and stuff. And, drum roll please, I got a gift myself this year. And I wasn't the one who bought it either. Take that V-day!!! So the guy I went to a museum with like two weeks or so ago, we planned to meet up and go to another museum this past Sunday. Apparently museums are our thing so from now on he will be referred to solely as Museum Guy. So anyway, he meets me at my subway stop and when I walk up to him I see he's holding a Whole Foods bag. Now Museum Guy works at Whole Foods so immediately my first thought was, 'What did you do, bring snacks for the trip?' (it takes an hour from where both of us live to get to the museum we were going to. Plus, who goes to a museum and doesn't end up spending the majority of the day there?) Little did I know. So I ask what's in the bag when he semi-shyly hands it to me then turns around and walks a little bit away and gets all nervous. I was like whaaaaat the heck is going on?? Then I look inside the bag and see there's another pink bag inside that one. Long story short. This happened. 


I haven't quite decided what to name the pig yet but I will have you know that it sings and dances too. I think I'll call it Ferdinand, Ferdy for short. This isn't the first gift I've gotten from a guy on Valentine's day but it's the first gift I've gotten from a guy here for Valentine's day so it was slightly monumental. After that, we went on the museum, where he paid for the entry tickets. After that, we went to dinner. Because you know, people get hungry. Oh, ha, yeah he paid for that too. Basically, I think we went on a Valentine's date but it was never articulated. I didn't mind in the least though, it was cute and I had a nice time. And an added bonus, now I didn't have to buy myself chocolate because someone gave me some oh heck yeah. Me being the chocoholic that I am, I was at Target and ended up buying some anyway but the point is, I received some from someone I'm not related to. Bam. And to everyone who texted and all that today, especially the one young man who probably doesn't realize I'm talking about him, (maybe because he isn't reading this...) thanks a million! You all had me grinning from ear to ear while eating my massive $6 Greek salad in a cafe in downtown Manhattan. Love you to bits. Also, I've been watching Sex and the City because it's kind of mandatory now that I watch the entire series in it's entirety (haha). And needless to say, I'm falling even more in love with Manhattan than I already am as if that were even possible. Holy crap I love this place<3

All in all, work is eh (but I mean is it ever anything else?), Valentine's day is a pretty sweet deal, and New York is loving me all the more every day. Imagine that. xx

PS. This is my new phone case that I'm definitely in love with.


 And this is a cutie on the train from last night that I could have possibly fallen in love with.
But alas... we'll never know.

Comments

Popular Posts