A Day on Foot.

This day was grrrreat. Let me tell you why.
So I got a couple calls yesterday, one of them being about a job offer from a temp agency that has been doing a great job since they've only had my profile for one week and already gotten me two positions. Anyway, they told me I needed to go in today and interview with the firm I will be working with until April. I wake up this morning, get all gussied up and run out the door. This is what I looked like in case you were wondering.

#lobbyselfie

And if you weren't, well now you know anyway. So I get to the place perfectly fine but a word of warning to everyone in general. If you're already slightly tired and you get on the subway knowing you have a 30+ minute tip ahead of you, no matter what you try to do or keep yourself occupied with, you will get sleepy, quickly. Moving on. So I arrive at the interview and the woman actually just sits down, talks with me for about 10 minutes and then it's set and I can leave. I was like, 'oh.... we couldn't have just done this over the phone? Lol okay sure.' I had originally allotted an hour for the interview and then I would walk around the area, grab some lunch and then head back to Brooklyn for a 4:30 matinee. The interview that I thought wasn't going to be done until maybe noon, finished was completely finished and I was walking out of the building by 11:15am. 

With nothing to do and not really wanting to go back home, I ended up walking allllllll around midtown on the east side. Let me be clear, between the east side and the west side (of Manhattan kids), as far as midtown is concerned, the west side is MUCH more interesting. 


Unless you prefer a whole bunch of financial buildings and delis with little else in between. So I walked downtown to see if I could find anything more interesting. Along the way I found a thrift shop here, a boutique there, etc. At the thrift store, I found a Rag and Bone knit that I wanted so badly but the thing was an XL and $40 to boot. I could deal with one or the other of those obstacles but not both together so I didn't end up buying it. Long story short, I walked from 42nd St all the way down to 14th without realizing it until I saw signs for Union Square and realized I was around the corner from Parsons. Oh the excitement! At least I knew for a fact there's good stuff over in that area aka East Village. After a quick business visit to my beautiful, hopefully future school, I set off again in search of fun stuff. I saw a rather large crowd of people standing around in front of some stores down what might have been 11th St and was wandering over when I heard someone mention the President. I nearly had a heart attack right then and there. Then someone else say something about the First Lady being there and before you know it, out she walked. 

Granted it's hard to see her but if you zoom in on the left side with a colorful, floral skirt... guess who?

THIS is why I love New York. I didn't even know she was here, just so happened to be in the area and stumbled upon the President's wife. Holy. Crap. After meandering around for a while more in awe of what had just happened and trying unsuccessfully to save my phone from dying on me because the battery is retarded, I went to lunch at Nicoletta. I don't have any photos because the staff there were actually nice enough to let me use an outlet and charge my phone while I ate. And yes, I went alone. It was fabulous. Had a pizza/salad lunch special and I was very pleased indeed. I also managed to have a mini examination to see what kind of skin type I have and what products would be best for it at the Kiehl's flagship store. Might be going back there too, I love the way their products feel on my visage. After that, I walked around a little more and ended up at a store called Alphabets. It was to die for and I wanted half the stuff I saw in there but I didn't have any use for it and I knew I was going to the movies later and so didn't want a million bags to carry around with me all day. I still ended up buying a striped shift dress though because it was on sale at half price and just too cute to pass up. After that, I finally headed back over to the subway, hopped on and caught my movie at BAM cinemas. 


I don't know why that photo looks so crappy but anyway there it is. I nearly finished that bag of peanut M&M's before the movie even started, that's how real the addiction is. So two hours of what's quickly becoming a favorite movie of mine later, I headed back home. When I got down to the train station and saw a midget fully decked out and dancing to "Beat It" with Michael's moves and everything. The video is posted separately. So fab! I loved it. The guy was actually really good too so kudos to him. 

What a day, what a day. Navigated midtown, ran into FLOTUS (!!!), cruised and shopped downtown and caught a movie. I need to go back to East Village on a day when I have nothing to do and money to spend. You think I'm kidding, I'm really not. 

Other shots from the day include:

I really like windows that have fire escapes street-side. So quaint and "New York"-esque

Apparently I just can't resist taking photos of gorgeous, gothic Catholic churches here

This was me in the minuscule dressing room of the old location for Alphabets. They have a new one though and I fully intend on visiting because SUCH CUTE STUFF (that white thing is just glare from the mirror, promise)

Subway inspo

Lastly, I wanted to show you all a photo of the roses my dad sent me for Valentine's day. Definitely a great gift since I'm such a sucker for those babies.


In other news, I watched both seasons of House of Cards, each of which contain about 13 episodes and now every time I turn on the TV or watch something on my computer I feel like my brain is cursing me and losing cells. It's not good but that show is like crack or something, it's so addicting. So now, I have to wait for the books I ordered to arrive to divert my attention from films and subsist on magazines until they arrive. I'm off for some online shopping since I didn't get to get the things I saw today. But trust me, just like our ex-governator said, "I'll be bach!" Well, until later you lovelies. xx

Comments

Popular Posts