Interview Life.

So as you all know, I am currently jobless. Being jobless sucks. Let me tell you why. NO PAYCHECK. That's why. In order to remedy my joblessness as soon as possible, I've been applying to so many positions half the time someone calls me, I have no idea which one is calling and what the position is. It's that serious. In light of that, I had three interviews this week! And one lead in an email. Two of those interviews were for temp agencies and to be honest I'm a little more hopeful about one than the other. The second told me my résumé was "all wrong" but then thy have me tests for Excel, Word and a typing test. Mind you, I have a Mac. I don't use Microsoft anything on a regular basis. Ever. Even for school it would take me a second. Guess who more or less aced those babies in the 50th and 83rd percentile respectively, and types at 72 WPM. This girl. That's who. :)

On the subway ride home, I'm 90% sure the person who sat not too far away from was homeless. Out of the cacophony of smells down there, the odor of not having bathed was quite prominent.  It reminded me of that movie with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx where some dude died on the subway and no one knew for like a week because he was just slumped over. And people look like that all the time but they're actually just sleeping. first thing I thought of after sitting near this person, 'OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IF HE'S DEAD?!?' I kind of think he was just huddled and chillin' though. Because if not I would feel absolutely terrible. Also, there was this girl with pink hair and an awesome scarf. Way too crowded to try and snap a good photo for you guys though.  


And so ends another week of Nina's New York life. Let the snow storm that's supposed to hit us this weekend not utterly destroy my plans. Though if it does, I downloaded all 6 seasons of Sex and the City so trust I will not be bored in the least. Have a lovely weekend darlings. xx
Hand warmers are PIVOTAL.



Note: the trains were delaying a lot because something about something about a track problem. The homeless person sitting next to me got up. She was not dead. But she did have a pungent aroma. Man oh man. Can a girl get some Febreze please?

Comments

Popular Posts