That Museum Hopping Lifestyle.

Hello friends! So today I went to my second museum trip in New York. I feel like there may or may not be a lot of these to come. This time, it was the American Museum of Natural History. 


And yes, there was a young man friend of mine involved as well. But I'll tell you more about that on Valentine's Day for the sake of staying relevant and keeping on subject.

So at the museum, there were a lot of familiar sites, like massive dinosaur bones aka this guy who's basically my new bestie, 


and my FAVE, elephants <3.


In truth, it was quite similar to the Natural History Museum in LA. A lot of the same little areas for animals in different parts of the world, etc. There were also areas in this museum for indigenous peoples and their works, lives, weapons, life spans, and art. My favorite of that section was undoubtedly the Asian section. To be most specific, the Indian section, as in the country. I will never be able to get enough of Hinduism and it's history and current practices and deities and just ugh. If I were ever to "switch" religions or got "tired" of my current one (all of those phrases sound terrible, please disregard them but seeing as I can't come up with anything else at the moment...), I would probably consider dabbling in Hinduism. The deities just interest me to no avail. I love it so much. If anyone just so happens to know about a museum or exhibit about that or anything, no matter the location, please don't hesitate to inform me. Anyway, here some snaps about that. 


Tibetan deities



Traditional Indian wedding garb. Can I just say, that it is sort of a goal of mine to attend an Indian wedding sometime in my life? They seem so regal and beautiful and just glitz, glamour and gold all over everything. UGH, YES.


Two of my favorite deities/Hindu home slices, Kali (home girl is evil and I know it but I kind of don't care, she's a strong woman and amen for it) and Durga (another strong woman and definitely someone to look up to in a manner of speaking).

This was the placard for some animal or other. I thought its name was amusing. 


Get it? Don't eat the Oreos...

This was the walk from the train to the museum. Down 79th St.


I honestly cannot get enough of walking through Manhattan. I'm watching Sex and the City, all of the seasons in their entirety, I completely understand why Miranda loved walking through the streets to clear her head and just chill or walk around and see the sights and just take it all in. It's so gorgeous. THIS IS WHY I WANT/NEED/HAVE TO LIVE THERE INSTEAD OF BROOKLYN. Not to slam Brooklyn or anything, I like it here well enough and everything, but Manhattan is just the place for me you guys, it's calling my name. Whenever I'm there things are just, more fabulous. It's settled. By January of next year I'm either going to live there or be close enough to get there within 25 minutes. Ah. It kills me. You guys I just want it so bad I've got to stop. I'm going to an interview on 30th St tomorrow and I really, REALLY hope I get it. Here's another snap of my elephants. 



PS. This is what I looked like. It started snowing after the museum and I was like "what the heck but at least I have that umbrella that I ran back to my apartment to get five seconds before hopping on the train." Two words you guys: Combat. Boots. For snow especially.

Comments

Popular Posts