I'm Sick of Planes Now.

*written (mostly) on Wednesday, May 21*

Hello.
So right when I woke up this morning I knew things would be fairly difficult. Little did I know just how difficult they would be. 

Okay so granted they're not THAT difficult but that's not the point then is it. The point is I was on one flight to Denver, then sat in the port, on the plane, for like 30-ish minutes, had a quick bathroom break and then went back to my seat, all within about 20 minutes before the plane starting loading again and off we went to Chicago. So now I'm sitting on Chicago. 

Bullet points make life easier so that's what I'll switch to. 

  • sleeping on planes is terrible and terrible uncomfortable and not restful for me at all. I wake up every couple minutes from noises or anxiety of both. 
  • simultaneously, I don't know if I could ever do a straight flight, they make me nervous for some reason
  • I started getting claustrophobic a couple minutes before I landed in Chi-town which was very strange and rarely happens to me
  • too much snack food not enough real food
  • there was this semi-cute business man who was sitting one seat away from me. I was like hey hey hey
  • on the first flight to Denver, there were literally like a million babies and they were all sitting in the back of the plane and they all cried, sometimes all at once 
  • I enjoyed flying out to California but for some reason this time, I have no patience for this
  • there are too many people sitting around me. Antisocial vibes for real
  • I want coffee. I need coffee. I need something. But I'm too full or bloated or both to consume anything right now which kind of sucks
  • some guy just sat next to me and he smells fabulous in a homely sort of way, not straight up with that cologne lifestyle 
  • dark chocolate laced with limoncello is the most delicious thing

Getting On the Last Flight

  • people are taking this whole boarding pass order thing WAY too seriously
  • decided to check Okcupid (reasons unknown) before take off, and that one guy who was older and pompous that I went on one ridiculous date with? Yeah he sent a message asking about grad school. If you're not offering to pay for it, getouddahere 
  • also, there's a fairly attractive red-headed, hipsterish young man one seat away from me (why are they always one seat away?), who saw me holding The Goldfinch and told me he just finished it and that it's good. I would have maybe worked up the guys to talk to him later in the flight but then an older lady came and sat in the middle seat. So much for that idea... Curse this completely full flight...
  • changed my mind, he's only kind of cute. But still, chatting would have been nice. The lady next to me, when she made her little comments and what not, was a riot.
Southwest might be losing my loyalty after all that ridiculousness.

But what do I do when I finally get home after two hours (coming home from LGA was much better than getting there), after a day full of traveling and slight agitation and nausea? My nails of course. ;)

Until next time lovelies, 
xx

Ps. Here's some photos:

The set-up

Central Park out my window and stuff

Somewhere between Chicago and New York...

Comments

Popular Posts