Short trip.

So today, finally, we went to Manhattan. Last night my furniture arrived. Let's just say, it wasn't a good time. Stuff was broken, shattered, bruised and unusable. My dresser is literally in tatters so I have to be reimbursed for another one. This means all the stuff that would be in the is currently still in boxes sitting around on my floor. In shirt, it was horrific and stressful and agitating but today was a saving grace. We actually only made it to Midtown but that's not the point. The minute you come out of the subway on 59th a Zara and an H&M nearly smack you in the face. So you can imagine my excitement. We went I both and I got a couple things so that was fun. Stopped at this little pizzeria place on 56th and took this pretty nifty shot just before:


Corner of 56th and Lexington Ave

Anyway, after pizza and a little more walking around we decided we should probably go. This is what Bloomingdale's looked like on the outside by the way:


I could live, love, and die in Manhattan. It's like everything I ever dreamed of. Too bad it's so expensive. In my observations about New Yorkers so far though, the crossbody bag game is so on point here. Thank merciful heaven for Marc Jacobs or I wouldn't know what to do with myself and all my stuff. Another thing I realized was that it's so easy to navigate in New York, or maybe I'm just good at directions? Either way, I love it. The subway's cheap and you can walk almost anywhere. Tooooo great! 

Guys, I think I moved to the wrong borough. Or anyway the wrong part of this borough. This was on the Thought Catalog back in September and I was looking at it by chance earlier today. This section in particular is something I am slowly but surely learning:
"Things that look good in Brooklyn, for instance, may not look as good in Manhattan, unless you stick to sister neighborhoods like the Lower East Side for Williamsburg, or Brooklyn Heights for the FiDi. Be prepared to be judged. To avoid this, we just always wear black because it just works everywhere. Ahah! Now you get it."
This explains why it's mandatory I work in Manhattan because Manhattan clothes are the only clothes I own. I walked down the street to run an errand earlier before we left and the amount of stares I got was a little more than typical... gracious. Oh well, LOOK AND LEARN HONEY ;)

Overheard subway conversation subjects included:
-the merits of having secret feelings
-child support and how yak other should feed you because my child support is NOT going to waste and ya mother is NOT kicking me out of the equation completely. Next time I pick you hip you better have good in your stomach. (He's more or less shoving pancakes down this poor little girl's throat at this point)

All in all, today was pretty great. I'm about to make a pot of coffee, pop on a movie and chill. Cable's supposed to come tomorrow which is fab because I've missed one to two episodes of every single show I watch (6). Not cool. So until next time kiddies... xx

Ps. My mom leaves tomorrow and I don't think it's really hit me yet. I'm gonna be alone. Like all the time. Because this is MY apartment. In New York. How crazy is that?!?

PPS. Someone find and buy me these. Kthanx. 


Comments

Popular Posts