Polar Vortex and Other Business.

You might come to visit me but I might be only an ice cube. Because yes, it's that cold. It was like 17 degrees today, no joke. Stand outside in that for five minutes with no gloves. You'll hate your life. But anyway, hello everybody. How've you been? It seems like ages since we've talked. I will have you all know that I've survived my first snow storm. And in a word, it was: awesome


I loved every minute of it. That's basically all that happened yesterday. Other not as important things, (I'm kidding here, kind of) were my mom got on her plane and after a million delays finally made it back to California. So today was my first official full day in my own apartment, by myself. So crazy. Yesterday I also got cable. Two guys, instead of the customary one, came over to install it and after hearing me talk a bit told me I had an accent. I was like, "lol oh... right." One guy could not for the life of him stop staring or looking up at me at random intervals. The entire time he was here and I was standing around or sitting in my bed thinking, 'SON, is sum'thin on yer mind??' << just like that. No but seriously... Anyway, it's fantastic having cable back and I've caught up on almost all the shows I missed during my week without it. Now however, I have to commence my massive job hunt. Because what am I doing during the day?

I mean literally, I have nothing else to do during the day. But stare out my window at snow. And strangers.

My cousin said it's supposed to snow tomorrow too so that's cool. Snow my friends, is awesome for watching movies, having tea, reading and doing other leisurely indoor activities. If you have to go out in it, I kind of pity you. It's lovely though I must admit. So soft and cold and a bit fluffy. To give you all a reference point, it's a lot like rain. Do you get it now? :)


Speaking of strangers, some girl in my building nearly popped off last night when some other guy on her floor said something mildly rude to her. I didn't hear the exact comment but it went something like, "I come home and I have to deal with this?" or "I don't want to have to deal with this." Something about dealing with this, "this" being the girl and I guess how rude or loud she is or whatever. Point is, home girl heard that and got pissed off. It was insane. She sounded like she was five seconds from beating that man, calling him all kinds of cray cray names. Thank goodness some other, more sensible man inserted himself and talked the girl down. But then at 2am, I hear noises outside my door and there's cops just chilling on my floor of the building. I was like whoa. Long story short, in my hood, it almost goes down. xx

Comments

Popular Posts