Late Brunch and a Kimchi Run.

Hello you crazy kids,

So I didn't even plan on doing anything today apart from staying home and watching movies and reading and getting some work done on my grad school applications. I woke up at 1:30pm and it was glorious. I checked my phone and saw I had texts, emails, twitter mentions... oh yes, I felt very popular. A friend wanted to hang out and, after my getting ready in record time, we agreed on brunch at this little place I'd heard about it Brooklyn called Milk Bar. This is not to be confused with Momofuku Milk Bar which I still haven't been to even though I heard it's magically delicious.

I wore a new dress I've had for a bit but hadn't taken for a spin yet from Zara and now I want another one. It's so comfortable, loose and I got compliments on it which is always a plus. As I was walking to the train to meet with said friend, this guy, with his friends around him, started singing, "Beautiful, I just want you to know, you're my favorite girl..." This, for those who don't know, is the chorus from "Beautiful" by Pharrell Williams feat Snoop Dogg. Though I no longer condone Pharrell, I will never not love that song. I had to chuckle aloud and I think they heard me because they chuckled too.

Waiting at the train station/shooting practice

Favorite graffiti

We met up and traveled to Milk Bar where this hot Australian guy took our orders while we gushed over everything from music and concerts to self-branding to buses vs trains in Brooklyn specifically. As you all know, I can't stand buses. And even though we took them today and I let my friend lead the way a bit, I still just am not really down for all that. Anyway, I had the strongest macchiato of my entire life while I was there.

Milk Bar

Cameras over phones

No matter how much sugar I added, it didn't seem to matter until I hit the last dregs at the end. I also had a citrus salad with avocado added but I won't tell you how much it cost (too much) and she had brioche egg toast. When her's arrived, I realized I'd made a mild mistake but it was okay. Too bad I was still thinking about salad once my food was finished. Oh well. That place did have fantastic music playing though, I will give them that. Top marks for playing my absolute favorite SBTRKT feat. Sampha song.

Citrus salad

Speaking of songs really quick, if you guys haven't heard the new Drake drops, you need to get on it. My favorites in order, are as follows: "Right Hand" (when the beat drops I cannot control myself), "Hotline Bling" aka "Cellphone", "Charged Up". All of them really are phenomenal though. Ugh, Drake is bae forever. But I digress.

After Milk Bar, my friend needed kimchi and we decided to just trek over to Whole Foods. In my gut I knew it wasn't the best of ideas because I could already hear my wallet loudly protesting, but still, we went. And we took the bus to get there.

Spotted this awesome (closed) place while waiting for the bus

Peasant life (on a bus)

I won't go into crazy detail about Whole Foods, just because I mean come on, you've all been there. I will say however, that it was very hard for me not to buy some ginger ale which I discovered I absolutely love on Friday night, BUT I automatically started reaching for a container when I saw the freshly made honey roasted peanut butter. Have you ever had that? YOU NEED TO. All I needed after that was a spoon amen.

After neither of us (thankfully) breaking the bank, we headed home. For having woken up as late as I did, today was absolutely phenomenal. Also, my blender pretty much crapped out on me. It took a good 20 minutes to blenderize a smoothie containing frozen banana, ice cubes, peanut butter, ground flax seed, soy milk, and agave. It should only have taken 5 or less. So anyone looking to contribute a birthday present to me... a blender would be fabulous.

Now I'm tucking in to watch True Detective (which is making absolutely zero sense as of the beginning of the season, followed by Caitlyn Jenner's new TV show for my Sunday night entertainment line-up. Tomorrow, I'm seeing Footloose at Bryant Park and it should be spectacular.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts