4th of JUH-LIE.

Hey hey hey,
So I know it's a week later but I have a story about all of it.

Last weekend, as you may or may not have been aware, was July 4th. I got off work Thursday at 1:30pm and it was praises all around. I didn't do a thing after work though.

Friday was when things got more interesting. After a trip to Trader Joe's earlier in the day and ordering Mexican food because viva America but only with some things, I saw "Dope". And OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS!! I have been stuck on 90 hiphop since that day. That film was absolutely spectacular. And hilarious to boot. And are you kidding me? A$AP Rocky is a beautiful, young man. So is Shameik Moore. UUUUUUGH. Just go see it. You can tell me all your feelings about it later.

Graffiti I saw while walking around

Sabbath rolled around and I was truly excited. Because I was at church and with family the whole time, I really completely forgot it was a national holiday. But it was. We didn't do a thing about it though. After church, I said hi to a few people then left with my cousin to go home and change real quick before heading to my aunt's house for lunch.

Feeling.My.Self.

Harlem in the rain

We ended up also prepping for a big event being thrown the following day. I made 50 party favors that night and felt like a beast afterward.

The next day, with family and friends all around, my cousin and aunt threw a join birthday party, the theme was white. And you better believe your girl wore some white. Well technically it was off-white but I mean hey, I looked fantastic. Everyone showed up, showed out, and had a fabulous time.

Grand entrance

Table settings and a cousin speaking in the back

Dance floor madness

I ordered the vegetarian dinner because I'm vegetarian and it was so much better than the chicken dinner also served. The chicken was the literally the size of a child's fist. My vegetable lasagna was the size and thickness of a compact book.

Best salad ever? (I was SO hungry)

This massive hunk of lasagna goodness

And oh my was it delicious.

And there was dancing...

We gon dance dance dance all night

One of the many shuffle and slide dances

AND, they had, count them, two different kinds of cake.

Setting up the candles

We nearly caused a fire...

The lovely ladies

Cake #1: Cheesecake

Cake #2: Chocolate cake with buttercream frosting
(I couldn't wait to take a photo first, I had to have a bite)

Suffice it to say, I was truly blessed that day.

*wink face* *we look cute face*

I made it home on the train within an hour which was another miracle in and of itself and that was the end of my glorious weekend.

My weekend stopped being glorious at that point though because I only got two hours of sleep altogether and as such, called out of work Monday. I ended up running around a bit and hanging out in Central Park before heading to Apple to turn in my phone to have the sleep/wake button fixed for free due to a manufacturing issue. Four days, a block party near my office, my annual review, and a raise later, I got my baby back. They also replaced the camera and my phone's battery, free of charge. *does praise dance*

Ditched work to hangout

...here <3


So I'm back. Officially.
This weekend more fun things will be happening. I'm going to a picnic, an outdoor concert and possibly to see Magic Mike XXL with a friend. So as always, I'll keep you lovely kids posted.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

PS. You guys I missed snapchat so much, it was awful.

PPS. Les photos extra


BLOCK PARTY

This guy was hot

This guy was lit


Comments

Popular Posts