A Girl in Loud Places.

Happy Sunday good people of the internet,

I went to see Jamie xx last night and he is possibly the new temporary love of my life. I'm so incredibly glad I saw him live.

Yes, I was feelin' myself

His set was incredible if pop-ish at times. I do believe this was the first concert I've attended this year. Can you believe that? I'm truly shocked. Moving and work and no one interesting playing or no money to see them with has been straight holding me up. Last night was utterly amazing though. Sweated my hair out and everything. I went to the concert with it natural because I was getting it braided the next day. For the first while I was okay with it being out. Then I started sweating and was like man, braids would have been so much easier. EXCEPT for the fact I would have been sweltering as opposed to just constantly warm all night. For those of you who don't know, I have a history of getting nauseous and dizzy to the point of nearly fainting while at live concerts in multiple occasions. It always always starts with my body overheating. Thankfully, after one moment of slight panic, I was fine this time around. Just dancing and making sure I could get snatches of cool air here and there solved the problem.

I've never arrived to a concert at Terminal 5 early enough for the doors to not even be open yet. Until last night. It was a strange experience to be sure. We were all sitting around on the open roof which was actually quite nice.

Rooftop vibes

Then around 9pm or so people starting moving in but it was like a line. The entire time I'd been there (15 minutes) I hadn't realized there was a line. When I asked the security guard, he said not a single word about a line. I was like wow, okay cool. So I got in line, then filed into the actual venue space. I originally had planned on going up to the balcony partially because of what I mentioned earlier with the whole near-fainting business. The other reason is the last time I was at Terminal 5, I saw Phantogram from up there and it was so great with less vision occlusion. However as I was walking in, I completely bypassed the stairs for the balcony and ended up nearly front and center stage. I decided there I would stay. All in all, I'd have to say I made a pretty decent decision.

This guy named Mike Simonetti opened for Jamie and he did good but by the time we were an hour and a half in, I was so done with Mike and so ready for Jamie. And yet Mike's set was for 2 hours straight. I was like holy moly guacamole (that sounds so good right now, I'm starving) (lol I'm always starving).

Young Mike on the 1s and 2s

His music wasn't half bad but slightly disjointed every so often. Or rather, it was an interesting mix of things. He'd play bass-heavy stuff which I absolutely love, then go for more pop-sounding tunes, then add things you could tango to and just I don't know. He was good enough in my opinion.

Then at 11pm, Jamie came on. And after that, it was a wrap.

Jamie <3

He played two of the four songs I wanted to hear most. Granted, the two he didn't play are only instrumentals and one of them is only like a minute long but I mean still, just saying. When he played "Loud Places" but mixed it with something else, I liked it but was still thinking, 'Jamie don't you dare let that be the only time you play "Loud Places" tonight.' Then later he played it straight through. The crowd went wild. Everybody was singing and dancing their hearts out. It was magical.

Forgive me if the quality is crap
Club music translated to a computer isn't my forté

Whoever did the lighting for this show should be commended

The exact same thing happened with "Girl" a little while later. It took me an extra second to realize it was playing, then it hit me and I got SO excited.

Lights so good

I do declare I love that man.

Post-show, I was sweaty, my hair was a mess and I was so hungry it was not a good look. I went to the merch table only to be told they didn't have the regular In Colours vinyl, only the deluxe version. The deluxe version is a triple LP (meaning 3 two-sided discs) and cost $50. Ha, you're funny if you think I'm buying that. First off, I can't stand triple LPs. They annoy me so much. Give me two or just don't do it. Two bother me but I've had to learn to accept it. There's no way I'd purposefully buy three though.

Could not resist such a great reflective surface. 
I even did my hair in it

After that I left, not in search of food but I ended up buying some anyway.

The cheese and peanut butter crackers we all used to live off of

I spotted cheese and peanut butter crackers in a deli, they took me back to childhood and I couldn't resist. Those plus a lemon iced tea and I was good to go.



Made it home by 2am and two hours later (insomnia has a sick sense of humor), I was knocked out.

SUCH A GOOD NIGHT

Until next time lovelies,
xx

PS. As I was walking to the train, I ran into this old love of my life.

Coach ad lolz

Does anyone know where he's been?? Besides taking care of his daughter...

Comments

Popular Posts