Kingdoms Rising with the Moon

Hi again,

I'd been looking forward to Wednesday for quite a while. The reason for this was because I was going to an outdoor film. And not only that, I was going with a friend. And not only that, it was on the Hudson River. And not only that, it was to see Moonrise Kingdom. I love that movie. It's so cute. I would feel so blessed if Wes Anderson or John Hughes were to direct my life. Or Sofia Coppola. I VOTE YES.

Anyway, it was at a location I'd never been to before and when you're dealing with films on the river, things can get interesting. Mostly because there is no specific address. I got off the train at West 72nd and walked around a bit to find something sweet and in liquid form before settling in to hold our seats. I found a Häagen Dasz and was quite pleased about this.

Traversing

I went in and ordered a dulce de leche milkshake. Could someone explain to me why, after I walked out and tasted the shake I was holding, I tasted only chocolate? Since when does dulce de leche equate chocolate is what I'd like to know. I turned right around, went back and told them about the mistake. The guy behind the counter gave me this look like "you said chocolate Now I look dumb." And I looked at him back that said, "I said dulce de leche. I pointed to the sign on your ice cream case that says 'DULCE DE LECHE MILKSHAKE.' Learn to listen, don't blame me because you're deaf." Two minutes later I walked out happily holding the dulce de leche milkshake I tested before leaving the premises.

SEE THE SIGN IT'S RIGHT THERE SEE

Sup 

After walking west until I could walk west no more, I wandered around a bit until I found the pier I desired.

The West Side Highway is above this little bridge

I'm not sure what this is

The sunset over Jersey City

About two hours, some direction trouble and my getting to page 96 of the book I'd only started this morning, my friend arrived. About 15 minutes later, the movie started.

Da view

Moonrise Kingdom <3

We had to leave early because she had an early morning interview the next day but I didn't mind since it's not like I don't know what happens. Plus, from being that far north in the city on a weeknight when the event I'm at probably won't end until 11 something anyway, well, I didn't have a problem with getting home earlier than midnight. Which I did.

It still was nice to just be outside though. The weather here has been gorgeous lately.

Let me just give you all a rundown of the upcoming weeks. Monday I intend on going to an outdoor movie at a little cafe type place called Death Ave. It should be interesting. Thursday, I'm getting on a flight and some hours later I'll be in California. I'll take lots of photos but you won't see a post about it until I'm back in New York, after my birthday of course, the week after. It should be amazing. I'll try my best to get you the post about Monday before I leave but no promises. ;)

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts