Just Like A Dream

Oh come, come back to me...

Hello and happy Sunday to all!
I for one am having a fantabulous weekend, what about yourselves? Why is mine fantabulous you ask? Well, you sit your little self down and I'll tell you.

Yesterday, I woke up two hours late by complete accident, and if I'm being honest, negligence on my part since I forgot to set my alarm, and as a result, stayed home. I still watched three church services online though. The second two were better than the first.

I'd mapped out what time I needed to start getting ready and when 5:30 I began preparations. This night was going to be a special night. I had been looking forward to it for the past 5 months straight and by the end of Friday last week I was nearly giddy with anticipation. This was going to be the second, but surely just as amazing as the first, time I saw Lykke Li performing live. She's Swedish, she's petite, she wears all black everything and oversized outerwear and sings and beats her chest and croons at you and I love every little bit of it. I'm sure you could call her my favorite artist. She's pretty much secured that mantle. Not only that, but I was seeing her at the Radio City Music Hall.

COME AGAIN

Yes. Last night, I saw Lykke Li (kudos to you if you knew who she was before I told you) at Radio City Music Hall.
Alright, now where was I? Ah, yes, the outfit. So I was quite excited because of all the above stated conditions and it had been pouring earlier during the day but by the early evening, there was some sun peaking through and only a few jolly clouds here and there. It was supposed to be cold however and puddles can be treacherous. So after an hour and a shoe change later, I was ready. I had originally planned on wearing my Lita's since I would be sitting for the performance but all that rain changed my mind. Heaven forbid I tumble from that 6-inch height of heel and leather. Another time. Instead I wore these booties that just came in the mail this week. They've got cutouts, they're flat and they're adorable. I may never take them off all fall long. See below for final outfit attire:

Lo-lo-lo-loved this outfit so much

Fast-forward through the uneventful train ride and I arrived at Times Square which is only a couple blocks from where I was headed. Can I just state again how much my disdain for tourists has grown since I've been living here? And it's not even tourists everywhere because when you see them on the train sometimes it's adorable. It's tourists in Times Square specifically. Merciful heaven I would do almost anything to avoid going up 42nd and Broadway on 5th Ave. It's like being in a traffic jam except you're walking instead of driving. It's horrible.

After weaving through a million people with flashing iPhones, I arrived.


And when I walked in, all I kept thinking was, "Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness! OH MY GOODNESS!" Because yes, it was that beautiful and yes I was that spellbound.


I walked around, found my seat, then got up for a merch search and a trip to the ladies lounge. Boy oh boy the ladies lounge. It was like straight up 40s glamour in there. Mirrors with individual pedestals and small tables for touching up your make-up, a separate sitting/smoking (?) room, vanity area and the actual lavatory. I could have just hung out in there all night, it was that awesome. But when I walked out,  I saw there was a candy stand and they had watermelon Sour Patch. It was then that I knew I'd fallen in love with the Radio City Music Hall forever.

Walked back to my seat, newly purchased 'I Never Learn' vinyl in hand and soon after the show began. Mapei opened for her and I've heard a lot more about her recently and now I know why. Home girl is good. Really good. She's actually better live than she is recorded which is both a good and bad thing. I loved her performance.

It's crappy but that's her down there

And then for the reason we all trekked to the theater district.


Lykke Li came out, the crowd roared and we all had a fabulous time. All the songs she played, I love, both old and new. I also appreciated that she did songs from all three albums instead of just the latest. It was nice to see the audience knew the older songs as much as the new ones too. When she performed "Dance, Dance, Dance" she actually had us sing along with her and stand up and get out into the aisles and dance. It was a beautiful thing.


Her encore included a Swedish song that was gorgeous even though no one understood it.



Long story, semi- short at this point, if you ever are in New York and have the chance to see an artist you really like or kind of like or what have you is performing at RCMH, do yourself a favor and go. You will not regret it.

Lots and lots more exciting things are happening this week. Here's a rundown for you:

  • Sunday night: Homeland two-hour premiere (I'm not going to blog about it but I probably will be all over twitter with it so there's that)
  • Tuesday: grad school program information session and maybe a spot of shopping after because I need stuff
  • Thursday: seeing The Dig at the Music Hall of Williamsburg!! (Friday is going to suck so bad, I probably won't get home until like 2am)
  • Friday: visiting a co-workers daughter's Upper West Side apartment because I'm house-sitting for her in two weeks (yeah, you heard me. TWO BLOCKS FROM CENTRAL PARK GUYS. Talk about prime real estate)
  • next Sunday: last concert of my concert marathon month with the Generationals at Baby's All Right 
I'll probably keep Tues/Thurs together in a post and then do a separate one for Sunday. I know I didn't post about Beach Fossils from last Saturday night until today. You know what, ya girl was busy and had a HELL of a week last week. So if you'll excuse me.

And now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go study for the GRE.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

PS. I saw this guy on the train and by the time he got off, I was pretty much in love.

Comments

Popular Posts