Lackluster.

Guten tag dear friends!

So I know I told you I would post about the concert I went to on Sunday night either Sunday (lol not possible) or Monday. And since you see that it's now the end of Tuesday and I'm just now getting around to it, you didn't miss a whole lot. Maybe it was because I was tired and trying to fight allergies all weekend or because I knew I was missing Homeland and the premiere of The Affair and, unbeknownst to me, the season premiere of The Walking Dead (still so angry about that, I have to find it now because I only realized I missed it today!!!).  Or maybe it was due to the fact that I wasn't aware the band I was seeing even had a new album out until the night before. Or maybe it was because I like that band but don't LOVE that band. They're cool but for some reason I kept getting them confused with Chester French for a bit. Does anyone know what happened to that band by the way? Food for thought. At any rate, the performance was alright, but if I had been home watching my favorite shows, I would not have missed a single thing.

But I digress, let me get on with it.

So it's Sunday night and I'm heading out to Williamsburg for the millionth time. I already know how to get to where I'm going as far as which train to take, I've done it so many times in the past five weeks, it's like clockwork. Plus I don't mind the L too much. Since I had been battling allergies and a sudden rush of "fall weather", I dressed more casual than usual for this concert. See below:



When have I ever worn a sweatshirt to a concert? Well up until Sunday, never. But rules were meant to be broken ladies and gents, even personal ones. Because man oh man I was so comfortable in that sweatshirt, let me tell you. And I still felt hipster-ish since I had cutout booties and printed socks on.

I got to the Music Hall of Williamsburg, which is actually only a couple blocks away from Baby's All Right, and was let in. There was a full bar and lounge area along with bathrooms downstairs, then the main floor, then there was balcony space as well. I chose the main floor because why not. I was up close and personal. Again.






The opening band was made up of a young lady whose stage name is Arum Rae and her supporting, unnamed drummer. She was alright but not my cup of tea. I don't go for the country/bluesy/screaming vibe. The only song I really got into was the last one which happened to be about the songstress's dead brother and heaven so I don't know what that says about me... but okay.



Then the act came on. This was a concert for a band called The Generationals. They are adorable live. Grant Widmer (the brown-haired one) is too cute with his dancing and jumping off things. Ted Joyner (the blondie) was a little less mobile and interactive but it's all good.

This is Grant

They played a few songs I did know or recognize and a few more songs I didn't recognize. But that's bound to happen at a show where the artist isn't high up on my list of favorites. Do yourself a favor though and listen to "Kemal". Love that jam.

This is Ted

This is Grant about to jump off an amp


All in all, it was an enjoyable enough time. These girls pushed their way up through the crowd and the girl on the other side of me looked like she wanted to punch them or something. That made me immediately like her. Pushers and shovers at concerts are no friends of mine. Back up boo.

And that concludes my concert season extravaganza. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go try and watch The Walking Dead premiere before Sons of Anarchy comes on.

FALL TV IS THE GREATEST

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Ps. Isn't pumpkin spice just the best thing since sliced bread? I certainly think so.

Pps. Things the subway taught me

Ppps. You have no idea how excited I was when I found out Seamless delivers in my hood neighborhood. AMEN YES

Comments

Popular Posts