Koons and Cake and Chili.

Today was utterly fabulous.
Except for the fact that I was freezing. Like literally half the time. But anyway...

So I woke up early-ish (9:30) and went to the gym. I love doing that, it's practically empty in there and I have so much more of the day left to my disposal. Anyway, after that, I went home, ate something, got ready and peaced it once more. I wore new metallic brogues and they were like walking on air the entire day. Aldo for the win!

This is what I wore.

I was on my way to the Whitney Museum for the final day of the Jeff Koons exhibit. I was supposed to go with a friend but she got stuck at work. Oh well, it happens. 

Waiting... for like an hour... oh man

Also, while I was standing in line, Ethan James, the model, yeah that one, he walked by in a leather jacket and skinnies and just ugh yes. And now, a photo diary of the things I thought were cool at the Koons exhibit:

Naked men and stuff

"Operator, this is an emergency!!"

Me when I have ice cream too

ELEPHANT (aka my favorite animal)

Selfie's in a yellow-colored mirror in the shape of a bear's face

A floral decoration the size of my legs and made of not flowers

MJ and Bubbles

Quel surprise!

Louis XIV yo

It's a rabbit. Made of balloons.

Play-doh anyone? This was huge. And actually made of tin.

Chriiiiiiistmas!

CAKE CAKE CAKE 
This is definitely probably my favorite piece

More selfie's in reflective surfaces

Another one of the famous balloon dogs that sold for an insane amount of money

Haha, bring that to a pool party

King Kong!
Made of tin

The Hulk

TBH I forgot but it looks cool

I honestly didn't mean to but on the fifth floor there was another exhibit, nothing to do with Jeff, and I ended up wandering around that too. And of course I found my all-time favorite artist there.
Andy baby <3

Andy's Coke bottles...
Now I want a Coke


Keith Haring of course

Jean-Michel Basquiat yo yo

More Basquiat

And I was freeeeeeezing while I waited and trying to get not-frozen the entire time.
After an hour and a half of waiting and Koons and walking, I got a cappuccino thank the heavens and it saved my life. Walking across Park Ave and Madison and Museum Mile and just ugh. I love this city, I love this city, I love this city.

Lipstick lifestyle 4 eva 

Once I got home, I had an experience with a man getting mad at me because I didn't respond to his unsolicited comments yelled at me in the street. He was also taking fairly regular swigs from a pocket bottle of vodka so... there's that. Walked in my apartment, warmed up the chili I'd made last night and it was all trains go from there. Spicy chili with ritz and Camombert was literally the third best decision I've made all day. The first was waking up early and going to the gym. The second was still going to the exhibit, even without the friend. What a day, what a day. And I loved it.
Art=life.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Ps. Next time the weather reads 55, I'm going to do myself a favor and just wear a beanie. Who cares about hair anyway?

Comments

Popular Posts