The Place Beyond the Pines/Out of the Storm/Movies with Forests.

Good evening one and all,

This weekend I was "kidnapped" by my cousin and spent the time with him and my aunt in Jersey to celebrate my birthday. Needless to say, it was quite an experience.

Instead of going to church Sabbath (Saturday guys), we were heathens and hung out an the house for a bit before going to Bear Mountain for what was supposed to be a hike but turned into an hour-ish long driving tour. I wasn't mad about it. I'd brought my camera along and it was good practice shooting. It also taught me that I definitely need to look into a better zoom lens. Mercy.
Here are some shots that passed the test:

At the school across the street from my cousin's house

There was this...

Hi :)

Blurred lines  trees

Fishing anyone?

San Fran-esque a bit

West Point trippin' where the cadets at?

Let's play count the mountain ranges

"Storm King" nation out there

All the "Walking Dead" feels (season 5 COME ON)

After allllll that driving, we came home, changed, grabbed my aunt (not literally since she has foot surgery recently but you get the point) and went to get Italian for dinner at this place called Cousins. My cousin (pun intended) knows the owner so they always get great treatment and food that's not always on the menu, etc. And I'm also a sucker for Italian food, in case you haven't noticed. 

Anyway, let me tell you exactly how much of a pig I was yesterday. It was almost disgusting but SO tasty. I got penne vodka because YUM. They gave a starter salad first, and of course bread and butter (hold my butter, we don't do that). Then came my pasta. That plate was so big two people could have had dinner from it and been completely satisfied. I ate 3/4 then got full/stopped because I was still planning on having dessert. Go big or go home for the birthday celebration, you know? After a moment's consideration, because that's all it took, I decided on pecan-crusted homemade cheesecake for my sweet. This is what it looked like:

Cheesecake Factory hasn't a thing on this crust


And yes, it was just as delicious and rich and filling as it looked. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! After this, because my cousin knows how much I like it and his mom/my aunt does too, we went to Rita's to get gelatis. A gelati is flavored gelato of your choice mixed with vanilla or chocolate custard. It is to die for. It's basically mandatory that I get it every time I visit them because the only two in New York are on 97th St (too far) and Coney Island (lol you're funny). Last night I chose passion fruit gelato and vanilla custard. It was an excellent decision, as you can see.

Lalala-totally-going-to-regret-this-tomorrow-la

I sent that photo to my mom and she said that it looked delicious and I looked like a child. She jus' mad tho cause she hasn't had any yet. Hopefully when she comes out for Thanksgiving she'll be able to try it. It's simply too good to pass up. 

After all but hurtling down into a food coma, we got home and then it was movie night. The cuzz and I watched "Behind Enemy Lines", then "Salt". Both were slightly different from what I would usually watch though I had meant to watch "Salt" when it came out and simply forgot. Own Wilson in a serious role was something completely new though. He didn't do too bad either. For slightly more in depth reviews on each of those, click here. Then, finally, I slept.

Waking up Sunday, I wasn't surprised to find that I was still full from being such a pig the night before. A shower, a coffee, a ride over GW bridge and an hour and a half on the train later, I arrived at home. From then, it was the gym, cooking, and fruit. You know, responsible adult stuff.

...until it's not

So that, is how I spent my first week as a 23-year old. Not to mention the short but sweet date Tuesday with a guy I do genuinely have an interest in. We'll see how that goes ;)

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts