Birthday Behavior.

Okay okay I know, it's been, literally FOREVER. Sorry about that. I got tired and then nothing very interesting was happening and then when interesting things did happen I was too tired to write about it. I'll have to do a post later this week, or a series of posts, to update you on all you "missed." One post a day, deal? Deal. But for now, this is all about my birthday. It was yesterday, the 18th, and it was spectacular.

I started off sleeping in. I never work on my birthday as a rule. I got up at around 9:30 due to my phone constantly going off and was ready to leave at about 11:45. I wore my favorite everything almost so I was automatically in a fantastic mood. Jumpsuit, army shirt for later, gold necklace and my new gold Michael Kors watch had me feeling myself like I lost my keys. ;)

After a raucous train ride uptown, I arrived at my first destination of the day, the one is been planning to visit for my birthday for months, The Metropolitan Museum of Art. 

Front steps

This place is even more massive than it looks, and it looks massive. There's a total of four floors and more galleries, archive rooms, study galleries and exhibits than I bothered counting. I spent 3 hours there and only covered barely a third of the place. This in essence means, I'm going back. At least twice, if not three times, before the year is over. That place is too gorgeous to not complete. Here are some friends I made there:

Hatshepsut

Oh they just chillin

Posing with some would-be trinkets

"A bachelors desk" loved this

Possibly my favorite piece there so far. You should the stank attitude on this woman's face up close. Priceless 

Daggers I'm down for

Appropriate attire

Meow

Runner up favorite piece

And you thought you'd seen crazy wigs

This was part of a wall. And it was awesome

After all that walking, ya girl got hungry. A walk up a couple blocks, and one black and white cookie purchase later, I stumbled upon an establishment by the name of Bocado. Like avocado but with a 'b'. I stopped in. I had pizza. It was delish. 

Margherita pizza

And not at all expensive which is always a plus. After another quick stop across the street to buy a healthy juice drink for the movie, I went to the movies. I saw 'Boyhood' and ladies and gents, of you're thinking about seeing this film, don't think, just go. It was sooo good. Definitely worth your time. It just flies on by. You wouldn't even think you'd been sitting there for three hours which is saying something because with Lord of the Rings, it was engaging but I was definitely aware of the time, EVERY time.

Upon walking out of the movie, I noticed my phone had about 9% left. Talk about a successful day. That also means no subway snaps though (sorry kids). Hopped on the train (it's so lovely to know where one's going in this city without having to consult a map), and went home. All in all, the day was grrrreat. So happy to be 23. 23 was pretty amazing so I've only got high hopes and expectations for this next year, God-willing. 

Until next time lovelies,
xx


Comments

Popular Posts