Work flow.

Hey hey hey!
How are you all my lovely darlings? Well, I have fabulous news. I HAVE A JOB!!!! True it's temporary but temporary is better than nothing. So amen for that. It's in the Financial district in downtown Manhattan and the area is actually really awesome. Lots of places to sit outside and read or eat during lunch. 

Lol my lunch view yesterday

Its also like five seconds from Wall St which means there's tourists galore but oh well. Less than 30 minutes to get there too. It's a receptionist position so I have to come prepared for everything on a daily basis more or less. The work is good and fairly easy for the most part, it's just remembering how to do certain things but I'm getting the hang of it. Yesterday was my first day and in my opinion I'm doing fabulously. :) 

In other news, and I'll try to keep this section a bit shorter, I went on a date last night. It lasted 5 hours in total and I was not mad about it. We went to a bar (no I did not drink) near NYU for this weekly board game night. That was definitely an experience. Then we took a walk around Soho and ended up getting dessert to go at Ladurée. 

Dessert menu at Ladurée 

Imagine my happiness. After that he convinced me it was still early enough and a good idea to go to this tea lounge in Brooklyn and I believe I fell in love with that place right on the spot. It has serious hipster vibes but I do not care. After that, we went home because the hour was quite late. All in all, best date ever? Don't be mad at it. 

Date attire

Dates in the city turn into multiple-hours-long affairs. SUCH a great time. We also have really similar taste in music and you know how much of a turn on that is for me. We'll see what happens with him. 

In other, other news, I trimmed my own hair the other day and it looks fantastic. And I didn't end up bald after so that's also good. A word of wisdom: BE YOUR OWN HAIR STYLIST. It is infinitely cheaper. 


Lastly, I'm typing this on the train home from work right now and there's a guy standing in front of me who's quite cute. Can a girl get a holler? ;)

Til next time my loves! 
xx

Ps. To all my C.A.R.E. kiddies: I heard what happened and I am so sorry. Think of this as a forceful way of getting you to get a job you actually like? I can't think of any better way to put it. Loves and hugs from New York though for sure. 

Comments

Popular Posts