Things in a Week.

So I'm just going to go in a sort of whirlwind over the events of the last week for me. This will be bullet-point style because I am tired.
  • Wednesday of last week: (this is the section in which shameless bragging and self-promotion ensues) So at my job, the woman I was training with was supposed to stick around for a week, train me, then leave Friday and go have her baby today technically. Too bad her little baby boy was like, "lol no," and the girl had her baby last Wednesday. What does all this mean? That I was only trained on that job for two days before all of it's responsibilities landed in my lap. Thank God though, I learn quickly and have been constantly surprising the staff with how much I remember. Haha, please excuse me while I brush that dirt off my shoulders.
  • Saturday: the weather was phenomenal and I wore flats for the first time in months. It was a beautiful thing and I was so happy about it literally all day long. Then I went out later that night, wore oxfords, and froze.
  • Saturday night: I was supposed to go see The Grand Budapest Hotel but upon arriving at the theater, found out both showings for it were already sold out. Who knew?? So I ended up seeing the 300 movie instead. This was all with the guy from last Monday. He's pretty cool. We'll see if he sticks around and "makes the cut." I really like him though so I kind of hope he does. We went to Times Square after to get food and ironically enough everything was closed. So we just went home. Womp womp.
  • Sunday night: Went out to coffee with a new guy (I know right? Moved out to New York and was like HELLOOOOOO MEN) for less than a second but don't you worry your little heads, I won't be seeing him again. He was ridiculous and rude and judgmental and told me two things I literally cannot tolerate hearing from anyone. #1. "You're young, live your life, have fun, work hard play harder. Now is the time! You need to go out more." Are you serious? First of all, I work hard for the things I have. But the things I have require intense work. I'll play when I please, not when you tell me to sir so shut up. You don't know my life. #2. "You need to put some meat on those bones." ...let's just not. The struggle to stay the size I am currently is more than I care to explain to your nit-witted self so you can exit stage left and don't try to come back through the emergency exit because it's locked. Honestly that man was so annoying. By the way, did I mention he's originally from California... first and last time.
  • Tuesday: Sofi was out for a friends wedding and we had dinner at this place called S'Mac in East Village. First of all, let me say that Sofi is darling and it was fabulous to see her. Secondly, East Village is probably my favorite place on Earth at this point. I could walk around there for hours and be perfectly content. Anyway, so S'Mac sells crazy variations of mac n'cheese and it was so delicious I'm definitely going back. If you order the second size up, it's enough for dinner that night and lunch the next day. We made the great choice/horrible decision to go to Trader Joe's after dinner since I knew one close by and it was everything I had not to walk out with half the store. There's always so many people in that one, literally the line wraps all around the entire store. SO worth it though. Dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts alone makes me not regret that decision in the least. 
  • Today: After an exhausting work day, I knew I still needed to run out and get some things because if I didn't, I would run out of them and not have any for tomorrow. Went to Sephora (MERCY) and got some goods. Then I ended up at Urban Outfitters and you always know that's a wallet tragedy waiting to happen. I only got one thing though so it wasn't too bad. Alright I'll just tell you. I wanted/needed a bigger bag for every day because I love my Marc bag to death but I haven't had a new day-to-day bag in over a year and also the thing can only hold so much. On days like today where it's supposed to rain (it drizzled... which is like rain but weak sauce status) so I have with me an umbrella, along with my book, gloves and a million other things I need to survive, the bag just gets too full. If every time you try to pull your phone out, the rubber case on it slides off some/all the way, you should consider getting a bigger bag or having less stuff. So I got a bigger bag:) After that, I went to Whole Foods because it was in walking distance and oh my goodness. I bought more goodies.
So that's been my week from last Wednesday to today. Turns out I write about the same amount when I bullet-point vs. when I write in paragraphs. All in all I have the best escapades though, wouldn't you say? 

Til next time lovelies.
xx

Comments

Popular Posts