Tanning Day 2 and Dinner for the Captain

Friday

TGIF except I wasn't at work so every day felt like Sunday.
Woke up at about 1PM because yes, the night before had been truly lit. Grabbed some late lunch from what was available then headed to find deck chairs so I could commence day 2 of "Nina Gets Darker." I was determined to come back a visibly different shade than when I left and I'm glad to say I've accomplished that goal. I had to make sure I flipped over though because who wants your front to be a different color than your back. That's just awkward.


Once I felt adequately colored, mom and I went up and go on line for the Skyride again. An hour later, we did the 2-minute ride and it was such a rush. To be riding an exercise-esque bike up above the ship and the water served a view to behold. It was too bad I didn't have my phone with me or I'd have taken a couple shots.

Dinner was also an experience because it was the 1st Captain's dinner. This entailed fancy dress all around and the captain himself available for pictures with guests.

Captain of the ship (who's steering if he's not was my question?)
Mom!
Me and bae
The guy on the left proposed to his gf on the right. It was a surprise, she had no idea and it was adorable
What a lady

I was not in the mood to dress up for nothing which was exactly what ended up happening but I did it anyway. Try (almost) everything once is an unofficial motto of mine. The menu for dinner was supposed to be special (read: limited) and it was but not in the way it was supposed to have been. One of The Crew members and I both got carbonara and asked to hold the bacon. After our food was delivered and we'd begun eating, our gallant waiter rushed over and had us check there was no bacon in it our food. Apparently, the food is made assembly line style and he wasn't sure if the plates we'd been given were bacon-free. That man will forever be my favorite waiter because there was indeed bacon in both of our plates. We received new dishes created from start to finish with no bacon but we'd already tasted the pasta and knew it wasn't that great in the first place. So much for "special."


Treacherous bacon-y pasta


Dessert however, never disappointed for the entire trip. That night I had a hazelnut chocolate cake which kind of made up for the bland pasta.

Dessert that semi saved dinner

After taking some pictures with the group since we were all in fancy dress, we all headed up to bed because Saturday was our next excursion day and we'd learned how tiring those can be.

xx

Comments

Popular Posts