Flights on Flights.

Monday

It had finally arrived, the day I was to fly out and finally begin my 10-day Mediterranean cruise aka vacation for summer 2016. I woke up at a reasonable time and went running to Trader Joe's for some snacks for the plane even though I knew I probably wouldn't eat them. I also made a stop at Urban Outfitters in sincere hopes they would have my toner in stock because they don't list it online, Amazon would have taken too long to get it to me and I was already dangerously close to running out. They had it, thank goodness so I bought two. I made it home in enough time to do my nails which was very necessary because the color was just not working with my life or present mood anymore, then I showered again because I knew with my overnight flight it would be a little while before I'd have the opportunity to do so again. After that I called an Uber and set off.
Forty-five minutes later, I was at JFK for the first time, being told my suitcase weighed 52 pounds. Oops. The airport guy didn't charge me anything which was cool of him but even he warned me about being careful on the way back. I made a mental note to at least try to heed his advice. I wandered around for food after getting through security (no problems, as usual) and soon had set off to Dublin. It took about 7 hours and I watched 2 movies and 1/3 of a third, "The Departed" (finally), "How to be Single", which was actually cute and a little different from your typical romantic-comedy and got through the beginning of "Hail Caesar".

I arrived in Dublin for my 2-hour layover which happened in the early hours of Tuesday morning and it all just faded into a half-asleep haze. I passed through the duty-free section which was basically a massive Sephora except with larger areas dedicated to each brand. I spotted Jo Malone and had to quickly rush on before I started spending before I even arrived to the first of many destinations. I tried to sleep on my second flight but that didn't work out well either because I'm a light sleeper and just wanted an actual bed without the stewardess making agitating airline announcements every 2 minutes. Somehow or other, I survived even though I was 85% sure I was going cross-eyed from lack of actual rest.

Fin.

Comments

Popular Posts