Life As Of Late

Hello good people of my blog,

I've enjoyed myself thoroughly over these past few days and I decided, as a result, to write a bit about it. 

May I just say, church was very good this past Sabbath. The entire choir wore "Black Lives Matter" t-shirts as did the pastor and he spoke about the message they were sending and the importance, etc. All very relevant. I dislike when pastors or people in the church ignore current events. They're current for a reason. 

It's small I know but deal with it

Later that night I attended another, my second, singles' ministries event at the above-mentioned church. It was to be in the theme of a masquerade. I never took a full body/outfit photo but here's the top section while I was walking to the train. In 6 inch heels. Because ya girl can werk.


It started late of course but it was good! There was a game that included toothpicks, two groups of six people, and lifesavers (as in the candy). Getting close and personal was involved. It was definitely an experience. I like that I'm pushing myself here and doing things it's possible I normally wouldn't have.


Masks were provided but only half the attendees wore theirs. I wore mine for a while just because I'd made sure to style my hair specifically for that reason, I was not going to let that reason pass. We also had an interactive discussion about the differences and similarities between putting your best foot forward vs. being fake with other people/the person you're dating more specifically. That conversation could have lasted forever.

And to answer the question I know you're all wondering: no, unfortunately I did not meet the love of my life there. Even one of the MC's commented on the fact that there were a million women at the event and like 5 guys. Seriously. At this point, singles ministries could temporarily be re-named as "girl make a bestie" ministries. The young lady I knew, sat with, and the other people I was introduced to were lovely though and I enjoyed myself all the same. 

I passed by a deli that was open at 11pm and had some gorgeous flowers. It was everything I had not to buy some. But all in all, I had to concur that buying lunch this week, since I don't really feel like cooking, is a little more important than buying flowers. Just because the one's I bought from Trader Joe's died WAY too fast, doesn't mean I have to go buying more immediately. So instead, I'm going on Sunday :)


Sunday I went to the park because this spring weather makes you feel insane if you stay inside. This weather is meant to be lived in and I fully intend to oblige it. I hung out for quite a while, got some paperwork done because I am v important then devoured some of the May issue of Vogue because I realized that I needed to eat something. This park is walking distance from my house and I will probably spend the majority of the spring/summer/warm weather there. So happy I moved to this neighborhood.

This is my "at the park" face. Sort of

That was my weekend really.

On Monday, I went to the elevated garden near my office to enjoy some sun while on my lunch break. While sitting there, an older but not old gentleman asked if he could next in the empty space next to me. It was a bit crowded out there and I mean really, what am I going to do, tell the man no? He expressed the same sentiments but then added, "It's okay though because you have the throne." I thought to myself, 'Oh. Well alright then.' He later proceeded to try and engage me in conversation. Three separate times. Even though I had Vogue open in my lap and sunglasses on and short-responses aplenty. He even called me cute. I couldn't tell what way I was supposed to take "cute" coming from him so I decided to take it as "cute" like how your granddaughter is cute. Let us not think about any other way he might have meant. Because ew. As he was leaving, he wished me a pleasant day and I said the same to him. That was all he needed to try and give it one more go, asking if that had been awkward. I said not particularly and he told me his name and I said my first name only and then he told me a vignette about a cartoonist named Abe Hirschfeld and how he drew the name "Nina" into almost all of his drawings because that was the name of his daughter. I later learned that, because I looked it up, the artists name was actually Al Hirschfeld. Click that name to read about it. Apparently this gentleman used to look for the "Nina's" as a boy and meeting another one made me feel like he was still looking. Precious awkward moments.

Another thing that happened Monday was my manager walked up to my desk in the morning and informed me she didn't think she had Microsoft Excel on her computer. We work in an office. We use census on a daily basis and they always either come and/or go in spreadsheets. I've almost gotten more practice with spreadsheets here than I did when I was in college for crying out loud. Apparently the look on my face said something similar because after I showed her where to find it, and yes I had to show her where to find it, she said I looked at her like I didn't want to be embarrass her. But I mean honestly, how can you ask that and not be embarrassed? 
I rest my case.

Tuesday, today, I went to see the documentary by the late, great Albert Maysles on Iris Apfel. She is a vision and I can only hope and pray to be that vivacious and thriving at 92. It was the first time I went to Film Forum and I loved it there. It's not that far from my apartment/the train to my apartment so I may just end up going there. A lot. Like all the time. Because they have interesting, artsy, not as wide-released films and you guys know I'm way into "that stuff" as some call it.

Mandatory movie theater bathroom selfie

Billboard and comments for the film

IRIS! <3

All in all it's only Tuesday and I am very well pleased.
I've realized lately I've been taking an inordinate amount of selfies, especially compared to the amount I took during the winter or even as late as mid-April. I wonder what the change is. Sun makes everything better I tell you. Except for allergies. My eyes have been itching like you would not believe because of allergies. It SUCKS.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely week, filled with sun and good food and smiles and gushiness.

Until next time lovelies,
xx



Feeling myself on the train after the masquerade

PS. I've been listening to "Waikiki" by BlackbirdBlackbird and "Weekend" by Class Actress back to back for the past three days AND THEY ARE SO GOOD. I highly recommend. K, tootles.

Comments

Popular Posts