Movin' On Up.

Hello hello all my little cherubs,

How are all you lovely people? I know, I know. "It's been a month Nina, where have you been Nina, why don't you keep people updated Nina, we know nothing Nina." Well here I am. So shut it.

And now down to the nitty gritty. The apartment search that I conducted went on for about a month and a half. It was one of the most stressful periods of my entire life to date. Have you ever had to move but can't find a place and just want it all to be over? Yeah. That was me. Constantly. For a month. It was horrible and I hated it. After having done every one to two years for the past five years, I can honestly say I detest moving. It's such a hassle and a headache and I'd really just rather not.

But moving past the negative. I worked with a million different brokers. Some of whom were nice and accommodating, others who were a little less so. Then there were the ones who were just plain rude. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking, 'So I could potentially rent a place that you found for me which means you get paid $1000+, but you still want be rude and demanding and talk to me like I don't know what I'm talking about? Okay. Cool. Just double-checking.'  Brokers can be Richards. (<<kudos if you get that one) I traversed all over, literally all over Brooklyn. By the time January 15 came and had gone, I wasn't losing hope but I was getting tired and increasingly frustrated. I had to be out of my old apartment by January 31st you see.

Long gruesome story made incredibly short and forthright, I viewed, applied, was accepted, and received the keys for an apartment all within a five-day span. Literally too blessed for words.

I live in Bed Stuy now and so far I love it. The commute to Manhattan is way shorter. The neighborhood itself is both cleaner and quieter. The management company for my new place is more accommodating and much quicker to fix problems or issues you may have than my previous place. I'll show you some pictures of it in a second. There's a park a couple blocks over that I'll be able to use as exercise in the spring and summer (so excited for that you have no idea). Granted it is smaller than my previous place but that place being the size it was was a fluke. Neither I nor the management office who rented me the place knew it was going to be that big until we walked in after I'd already signed the papers. That apartment was originally supposed to be half the size it was.

So I moved in on January 25th with the help of my best cousin and two movers. Dealt with one of the most hassle-filled Uhaul offices of my entire life. Had the movers come and take three hours just to get all my stuff into the truck I'd rented. Then I found out they broke my mirror AND the glass that was to go on top of the table I used as my TV stand. So that was cool. Not to toot my own horn, but I drove and parallel parked that Uhaul like a pro. Just kidding, I'm totally and completely tooting my own horn. Driving that thing I felt like such a beast.

And now, for the grand reveal:

View across the street

Front door vibes

Actual front door is vintage (lol aka old)

Rack my cousin made is still around

Open kitchen area

Idk why the quality is so bad but this is the view from my bed

New dresser and TV stand you can't see...

Closet and overheard storage

My darling bed<3

Alright you've seen the place, now it's story time.

I didn't go on any dates while I was hunting because the stress was too real. Once I was in here however, I needed to go to Ikea because as you all know I didn't have a dresser and I suddenly found myself out of a full-length mirror and TV stand also. Texted the guy I liked the most out of the ones who'd offered me Ikea trips. Last Saturday night I met up with him and we went. I've never been in and out of Ikea so fast in my entire life. Oh well. I still picked up almost everything I wanted except a mirror ironically enough. It's kind of okay though because I could pay $70 at Ikea or $15 at Target. Talk about a bargain. This "guy" is actually the one I went to the theater with a while back. The one I was on a date with for 30 minutes before I realized that it was in fact a date. Yeah, him. So he drives me over there, drives me back home blah blah. He also offered to help me build which was nice of him. The TV stand I bought I knew I could build myself because I've done it before. The dresser I bought however... because yes, ladies and gentlemen, NINA FINALLY HAS A DRESSER AGAIN AND IT IS A BEAUTIFUL THING TO HAVE. Just saying. ANYWAY, he helps me build and makes me realize I'm not as adept at building things as I thought I was? Or maybe it was his semi-showing off and acting like a manly man that got me less competent than I would be otherwise. Who knows. Long story short, the dresser got made. He offered to help build other stuff, then to eat, and also gave me the option of kicking him out. I was so exhausted, he got kicked out. I also wanted to get out of the ridiculously tight pants I had been wearing all day more than anything. Anything I tell you. So he left. Then I ate 3/4 of a bar of hazelnut chocolate, courtesy of Ikea, then I ended up building the TV stand. It only took 10 minutes. After that and some slight organization, ya girl knocked out.

Then there was Sunday. Sunday lots of things were supposed to happen. The most important one though was I was finally getting cable/internet after not having it for a week. A week is a long time to go without cable and internet, let me tell you. So the guy shows up within the time frame I was given which was cool. He has issues because the building I live in isn't wired for cable at all. Yeah, it's that old. He ended up running lines on the roof and drilling a hole through the wall, my wall (I'm a rebel. I do what I want. And I wanted cable) and that solved that issue. After that it was just catching up on Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder before the game. 

Everything after that is more or less the norm. If you count it snowing and temperatures dropping to 17 on Friday "the norm". Let me tell you, 17 degrees is cold. Like just, really really cold.

Tonight (Saturday) I went to see "American Sniper" and it both rocked my world and gave me a headache. 

SO CRAY

The ending was so sad! I won't spoil it for you though. It only cost $11 and I was so happy about that. I'm a hop, skip and a jump away from Williamsburg now so I imagine I'll be over there quite a lot. I would have gone to hang out with a friend after the movie but my phone was acting like it was on crack and died within 20 minutes of my leaving the theater. When I left the theater, my phone was at 44%. These are the things I do not understand.

That's all I've got for now. I love Brooklyn and will probably, most likely never leave.
You're all caught up it would seem. Lucky you. ;)

Until next time lovelies,
xx 

PS. Now I can:
1. figure out what I want to do with my life career-wise
2. date like there's no tomorrow. Cause there ain't. (just kidding)
3. have a life again

Comments

Popular Posts