Young Adult Struggles.

Hey hey,
This is going to be a fairly quick little note. I just needed somewhere to write this down I suppose and had a free moment.

Watching "Girls" tonight truly inspired me or at least gave me some hope. In it, Hannah's dad talked to her about grad school troubles and how she shouldn't care what everyone else thinks about what she does. He said instead she should do whatever it is she needs to do and call it a day. I agree with that so much it's not even funny. It really just harks back to another scene from a favorite movie of mine called "The Namesake." One of my favorite quotes from that film as well as everything else in general is: "It's so hard to know what to do sometimes." I could not agree more. The struggle with grad school and whether or not I should go and when and to study what and what I'd like to get out of it and where I should go to study and what I want to do with my life in a general sense is so daunting I'm  almost afraid to have to go back to thinking about it. But at the same time, I literally cannot stay at the job I have currently forever. I would lose my mind as well as any creativity I may have left. Not to mention, I would never be able to really move up socioeconomically unless this job has raises I'm unaware of. And that's something I would really like to do. Move up. Do better. Make more. Like what I do more. Believe in what I'm doing. Go to work every day and not dread it. Work in a more vibrant office. Not have to do everyone's dirty work. Be the boss of someone for a change. That would be nice.

I'm getting the feeling this year will be the year Nina finally, really, truly gets it together. Or at least I would really appreciate that happening this year. My having settled into a new place I actually like and having a steady paycheck, gives me less distractions so I can figure out other important stuff.

Wish me luck/pray for me/all of the above.
Kthanx.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts