Snow and a Meet Cute.

Hello. 
I had planned for a pretty average Wednesday. Work, Trader Joe's for a few things, then linen laundry before I sat down to watch AHS and fall in love with Jessica Lange once more. 
Then I started apartment hunting while at work. I was bored you see, and I have about three weeks to get this done I realized. 

So I text this realtor, he tells me I can view the place today and just let him know before I show up. I told him I'd be there. 

In the meantime, it starts snowing. Never was I more thankful that I was nearly late for work because I ran back for my umbrella than I was today. Bless that umbrella. 

So I get to the apartment and the realtor's no where to be seen. So I call him, wait a little, then he shows up. He lets me in but he's on the phone. Suddenly I hear him calling to another guy and before you know it this other random dude walks in and starts asking the sme questions I'm asking. About 5 questions in, the realtor leaves. Literally. Dude just peaced it and told us to make sure we closed the door and turned off the lights. We were like ...oh. 

So this staranger and I ended up having about an hour and a half chat about apartment hunting and New York (he's from LA if you can believe that) and such. I tell him about my experiences, we both comment on the problems with the place we're both currently considering which wasn't awkward at all. That place was adorbs but sooo tiny. I have big girl furniture and that apartment would not be able to accommodate it. But chatting with the strange guy was nice. Going to Trader Joe's was nice. Falling in love with the guy sitting across from me on the train was nice too. My phone dying was not nice. 

Long story short, meeting people randomly is cool, I really need to find a new apartment, I should just carry a beanie in my bag for the winter,y lighting cable is so trashy, and snow gets everywhere. Everywhere I tell you. 

Well, here's hoping! 
we're hoping that Crown Heights will be Mina's new neighborhood. If they'll have me of course. Brooklyn for life. <3

Until next time,
xx

Ps. No I did not want his number. So no, I didn't get it. 
Pps. I watched the first episode of True Detective yesterday and now I understand all the hype. That show is grrrreat. 

Comments

Popular Posts