It's Too Hard To Begin, When You Know It Will End.

Hello hello hello!

This weekend has been most eventful so I'm going to tell you about it. Church was supposed to be a lot more interesting than it was but the afternoon program started so late ya girl had to leave. The reason for my exiting stage left was because I had tickets to see The Drums at the Bowery Ballroom. So excited! This event actually began my month of concert-going. Literally, I'm going to one every weekend for the next four weeks, this one we're currently in included. This weekend also ended up being menswear-themed or that's how it turned out, not that I minded in the least. This is what I wore to The Drums:

Duck face

The above photo was actually taken during the second of three times in which I got lost. Walking in the wrong direction in New York City can make you an extra 45 minutes later than you would have been originally. Remember that kids. And remember this too, Google maps doesn't always know. After walking all around the Bowery and Chinatown and almost into the Financial District and everywhere else, I made it. This other band, who's name was Literature I think, was one of two opening acts but definitely the better one. The second opener was called Beverly. All these solo-monikered acts, goodness. Anyway, The Drums finally came on and they were FANTASTIC.

Classic set

Jonny is just a dream. Love him to pieces. He deserves all the great dancing awards, no joke. They played some old stuff and some new stuff and all in all everybody had a great time except for the short guy and his girlfriend next to me when this tall, kind of cute Indian guy walked up with his crew and stood right in front of the short couple. Concert happenings...you live, you learn, and you learn to deal.

How am I gonna make you mine, how am I gonna make you mineeeee?

This marks the third time I've seen them live <3

Also, if you're into their music, do yourself a flavor (yes I meant that) and download/purchase/whatever suits your fancy their latest and greatest, Encyclopedia. It is masterful and I've been listening to it all day long. Principally, "I Can't Pretend" and "Kiss Me Again" have been on a fairly steady repeat. So great. 

After train debacles and train on train debacles, I finally made it home. At nearly 2am. Fin.

Open: Sunday. After a decent gym sesh. I ran home and got a bit guzzied up because, you guessed it ladies and gents, I had tickets for something else. :)  I'm just ticket-filled, don't you know. This was a bit more special to me though because my coworker surprised me with tickets to a show on Broadway as a way of saying thank you for helping him and his team out since everyone on said team has been dropping like flies one by one and getting sick. Needless to say, I was elated. So I hoofed it up to the theater district. I need to have a serious discussion with whoever decided that the theater district and Times Square should be intertwined in their location. THE TOURISTS!!! They will make you late. Guaranteed. I'm sorry but I cannot deal with tourists. And Times Square is just straight up infested. Anyway, I got to the theater and saw my show. It was This Is Our Youth by Kenneth Lonergan, brought to life by Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin and Tavi Gevinson. And yes, you did just read those names. And yes, I did see those people live and in the flesh on stage today. And yes, you should be jealous. 

Probably should have zoomed or cropped this first. Oh well...

Set design

It was grrrrreat. And so funny! I definitely want to actually read the play now and just indulge a bit. Reading plays are almost as great as reading books I tell you. And cheaper too. 

After that, the plan was to go to Zara and buy a bag, because I really want one and winter is coming and I decided to teach myself to downsize by way of buying attractive bags that are smaller than totes but can still hold my essentials. After Zara, a quick stop to get dessert somewhere, and then I would head home. The weather was very gray for the majority of the day and you know how that weather is great but makes you want to stay home, drink tea, eat too much bad food and binge watch a TV show or two. So about my little errands I went because Boardwalk Empire was calling my name.

I walked past this on my way to Zara and wasn't sure what to make of it so I shared it with you. It was in front of a restaurant and I don't even know what kind it was because I saw no signage. 
Your guess=my guess.

So I went to this massive Zara on 5th Ave and it was just a beautiful experience. It was hard for me to shop for just the bag and not start browsing everything. So much pretty stuff. I will definitely be visiting there again. Here's proof of my visit for the time being:

$$$

I just realized I started a thread of thought talking about my menswear weekend and never finished. So last night (Saturday) I was wearing a mens shirt, jeans and chucks. With all that getting lost, I don't know if I've ever been so glad I was wearing sneakers as opposed to something, or anything, else. Today for the theater, I donned boyfriend jeans (actual mens jeans bc I have/don't need no boyfriend just to get the look danke schön), a chiffon cami and a blazer to class it up a bit. Trusty ankle booties took the place of actual heels because I checked the weather and the weather said thunderstorms. Not in heels, I'm not. So booties it was. And with all the walking I did, it was definitely a good decision. Also, these mens jeans are SO comfortable. I don't blame you boys for wanting to wear them and only them all the time even when they're not event appropriate. 

After finding the bag I wanted and purchasing said bag, I hoofed it to this bakery I was aware of being in the area and lo and behold...

Drooling yet?

The longest-wait-of-my-entire-life-for-some-dessert later, I walked out with that black and white cookie you see there and an Oreo brownie. This threesome tried to swipe my place in line because they "thought I had already ordered." OH HECK NO YOU'RE NOT. If you don't see me holding anything or pulling out my wallet, but instead standing around just like you, I think it's safe to presume we're all still waiting to be helped. 

Then I went home. This included sitting near an attractive young man on the C train for a bit then dealing with crowding on the 2. Whatevs. I knew flatbread pizza and that brownie were waiting for me so nothing else really mattered.

Helloooo. Can I have your wardrobe?


She actually inspired what I'm going to wear to a concert this coming Saturday night

Those two were the snaps I got of my stylish subway contemporaries. In case you didn't notice, I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend.

Lots more to come! A couple things are happening this week, and then like I mentioned earlier, every weekend until the second week on October I've got a concert to go to so you'll be hearing all about it. Stay tuned kids.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts