A Week of September.

Hello hello,

So let me just tell you about this week since quite a few things occurred. We'll go in chronological order because it makes sense, starting with last weekend.

Church last week was good and Saturday on the whole was decent. I took a trip to Home Goods and Target that ended up costing me way more than I expected but oh well. I loved it anyway. Sunday, I played at being domestic and, apart from going to the gym, baked baked goods for the majority of the day.

Baking lifestyle

When I wasn't baking, I was watching Boardwalk Empire because why wouldn't you?! That show is kind of fabulous and it's a shame I'm only just now getting into it.

And now for Monday aka Labor Day aka no work. I had made plans to have a fairly spectacular day overall. Isn't it strange how when you don't have work, you still wake up that morning and think, 'What if they changed the holiday and now I'm like two hours late...'? Or am I the only one who does that? Anyway, I woke up late-ish, had a scone I'd baked yesterday, then a little later got ready and went over to Prospect Park. This is what I wore:

Crop top season is sort of almost over....

Little did I know, there's an annual (I think) West Indian parade that happens a block away from the park. Upon finding out about it, I didn't intend on going because I really wanted to go sit in the park and read my new book. I even brought snacks. 

Solve for X. -Dept of Speculation by Jenny Offill


It was going to be a cute little park excursion and also I didn't feel like getting cat-called by over-confident West Indian men for however long I was there so I skipped it. Maybe next year... After sitting in the park for a while, I realized I was itching. Later I found out I basically got eaten alive, the benefits of wearing a short-sleeved crop top... Anyway, it was hot Monday. Very, very hot. That automatically called for froyo because any reason is a good reason to get froyo. I went in search of some then headed to the movies to see A Most Wanted Man. This is me and my froyo:

I'm cute, I know. It was SO good

On my way there, I ran into a vintage thrift shop and it was incredibly hard not to walk out of there with multiple different new/cheap articles of clothing. I may or may not be making plans to go back there within the next week or two depending on when I have time. They gave out free sunglasses for crying out loud!

Buddha Buddha in someone's front yard?

I ended up having to buy a water from one of the nicest liquor stores I've ever been in which was in and of itself interesting. Moving on, I went in, saw the movie and it was quite good. It's one of those films that improves upon multiple viewings. Definitely gave me Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy vibes. I won't tell you everything in case any of you reading this want to go watch it but I will say this, when the end came, I was all but prepared. And Ivan/Issa was a beautiful man. And Philip Seymour Hoffman should be forever memorialize as a genius because that's the only way to really accurately describe the man.

And so ended Labor Day.

Tuesday at work was a hassle. Thursday was worse. Friday I got to leave earlier because of how late I stayed on Tuesday because of said hassle. But Wednesday...

I won't go into a lot of detail because I'm trying to approach dating differently but I will say, I went on an incredibly successful date Wednesday. We saw an interactive art exhibit that neither of us understood. Only this weekend did I find out that one of the men I absolutely adore who's deeply involved in and writes for the fashion world was there. While I was outside waiting. So sad. But oh well, it's not like either of us are moving so hopefully some day I'll run into to him. His name is Derek Blasberg. Kudos to you if you know who that is. After that, we got extremely salty, really delicious, much-too-high-in-calories food from Shake Shack that took so long to actually order, let alone receive, I began to think we might have had better luck literally anywhere else. Like this Italian place we passed. Tell me, have you ever run into someone who doesn't like Italian food? How does one respond to that? I was flabbergasted. The cheese fries and shake I had were good though, despite the calories. No photos though. I was too starving at that point. After that we walked around and ending up sitting on a bench chatting it up for however long we were there. It was nice :) This is what I looked like:

Muscle tanks 4 lyf/say cheese now?

This weekend should be interesting but it's not over yet so I won't tell you about it since I can't predict the future... always. Pastor Kelly told me (and an entire congregation online) not to settle for a mediocre dating life and that's just what I intend on doing. No mediocrity here. Also, found out when I have to apply for grad school. So there's that headache on my horizon. Yay education! Lastly, my Lykke Li tickets for October showed up in the mail today, along with a pair of boots I ordered and love but are an entire size too big *insert Nina rolling her eyes here*, and I could not be more excited. So many shows soon! There's nothing like live music.

Oh. And NYFW started Thursday. And the guy was aware of it. BLESS
That is all.

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts