Last Week: A Synposis

Let's have a recap of the last 8 days. 

So last weekend was fabulous. Church was cool and it was great to see friends and family. Also, I loved my outfit. Sunday I worked out and cleaned all day. Spring cleaning for real.

Then along came Monday, the day I knew would most definitely be interesting because that was the day I was going on a date after work. A frozen yogurt date to be exact. Courtesy of Pinkberry. Upon arrival, I noticed that my male counterpart was basically a toothpick. And I do not mean this in the "he was a babe and tall and skinny" way. I mean this in the "he was so skinny he made me feel like a walking whale" way. After greeting each other, we ordered and chatted. This included his responding with, "Oh yeah?" to literally EVERY SINGLE THING I said. It quickly became tiring. All in all he was a nice guy with only two extenuating circumstances. Firstly, he posited the one question I tire of instantly. "So why (is a cute girl/a funny girl/a stylish girl/a young lady/an attractive person such as yourself/a beautiful girl like you) are you single?" My darling Alex did put this question a little into perspective for me but still, I just have a strong disdain for that particular question. I don't know why. I just am. Cause I'm waiting for you bae. ;) The second instance being when he got a little fresh and confident at the end of a date that had a much different tone for me than it did for him apparently. Talk about surprise surprise.

Tuesday was majorly uneventful. Wednesday however was magnificent. After work, I walked from FiDi (that's the Financial District kids) up through Chinatown (an incredibly visual place) to the Bowery for a movie. At long last I watched "Only Lovers Left Alive." It was marvelous and beautiful and I loved everything about it and more. It made me want to go live in Morocco with a lover and have pashminas and tapestries dripping from every surface. Oh the desert decadence. AND THE SOUNDTRACK. To die for is putting it lightly. 

Thursday was more eventful than I expected. It's also what made me decide to write about this week in the first place. The day was particularly cool because:
-my boss is out of town until Tuesday
-a couple co-workers bought pizza for the office due to the rainy weather 
-I had a surprise visit from a friend for lunch
My boss being away is awesome because, and don't get me wrong, I like her and all but, sometimes the woman just kills me. So you know how free food gets everyone excited? Well free pizza is like that but better. Because pizza. As for the friend visit, it was nice and a complete surprise. I'll just answer a few of your questions now. Yes, it was a guy. Yes, it was nice. Yes, he is JUST a friend. Since I had been informed only about 15 minutes before that my lunch plans were taken care of, we just walked around for a bit until I could stand the hunger pains no more. These people always try to feed me when I'm in the middle of trying to get back my original state of health. Stop. It. 

Friday was whatevs. Sabbath was lovely but again, whatevs. Nothing out of the incredibly ordinary except for a very strange, gory movie recommended by my cousin. 

Sunday was intense. 
I had an Ikea outing and it was craaaaay. And so hot. I ended up walking like 2 miles to get there because we all know my attitudes about public buses and I could not find the location of the shuttle that would pick you up from a specific train station and take you to Ikea. So I walked. In flats. And got a blister. Cool. But I made it there, nearly parched, bought one thing I was supposed to and another thing I wasn't, then went back home. Made sure to take the shuttle going back. 

Next up was a long awaited gelato date with a guy I've been talking to for quite some time now. The gelato was pretty tasty, the conversation was plentiful and the atmosphere was chill. Going up stairs at one point and these people were going the slightest bit cray that we were together AND bi-racial (Danny boy is Danish aka white), and we were the third couple they'd seen that night. Oh the irony. I chuckled. Anyway, watched GoT with him and I must say, it's definitely better I watch with someone who hastge same level of enthusiasm about every single thing on the show that you do. Extra cool points for sure. Also, he bought me a dessert from Ladurée that I accidentally/forgot to/didn't eat. Partially because it was so late at night. Mostly because I'm too conscious if my figg for all that. It looked pretty decent though. I should have taken it with me but I forgot to think about that too. Oh well. 
Overall, Sunday was cool. 


In closing, I've been listening to the 'Only Lovers Left Alive' soundtrack since Wednesday and I only love it more, I feel healthy and great now that I'm back to working out three times a week and my wardrobe has been on point as of late. Faaaaabulous darling. 

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts