No Chocolate Bunnies

Happy Easter all my darlings! I hope it went as well for you as it did for me. Now I'm going to tell you allllllll about it. So first I went to the gym because health first ladies and gents. After a fabulous workout sesh, I got ready and headed over to the Longacre Theatre. This is what I wore:

Easter 'fitzz

I should maybe stop wearing my trench coat all the time but it's just so classy. And super convenient. Man oh man. It's just easier, throw on a trench and you're set for pretty much any and almost everything. Anyway, so at the theater, I saw this: 

Ticket stub and programme :)

Reading Of Mice and Men back in high school was chill and what not but seeing it produced live and in person, especially after all these years?! Definitely worth the money spent and ridiculously long line to get in. My seats weren't bad either. ANd in case you're wondering, because I know you all are, I went solo. Because sometimes, solo is just the way to go. And amen for that. Anyway, JAMES FRANCO LIVE! The first minute of the production I had to calm myself down from freaking out about him being a few feet down and in front of me. But as far as the actual performance goes, he and Chris O'Dowd were absolutely magnificent. Chris especially. Aces for playing an adorable, fairly humorous Lenny. For some reason I keep getting this story confused with Flowers for Algernon. Awkward. 

View from my seat

Stage in the not-dark

It's actually super gorgeous in there

The guy sitting on my right was like Australian or something and chatted with me a bit. Perks of going to events alone and sitting next to adults who want to talk to you to make sure you feel somewhat included or remember what social contact is or something, I don't know. He was nice though so I didn't really mind. 

After that, the plan was to take a quick walk over to Magnolia Bakery and grab a goodie or two then head home and chow. Too bad I got turned around and ended up walking almost two blocks in the wrong direction first, then realized what I was doing and turned around. 

QT

                                       
48th St in Midtown

Once I got my bearings, I finally made it there and it was all good. The line to get in was sooo long I almost didn't want to stay but I was starving and needed coffee badly. I ended up choosing a red velvet cupcake and a brownie and ordered their special Raspberry White Mocha. The mocha was delish, the brownie will probably be great, however the cupcake was such a letdown. Red velvet cupcakes should come either with cream cheese frosting or they shouldn't come at all. The end. The disappointment was palpable. 

The disappointment cupcake

Raspberry white mocha/lipstick lifestyle problems

While walking over to the bakery of which my return to is still questionable, I suddenly got a massive craving for pizza. I didn't have any cash on me (always a mistake) and didn't see any pizza places anyway so once I got back into my neck of the woods, I stopped by the place a block from mi casa because they have the best Silician slices I've had here so far. And they're dirt cheap to boot. Along with those, I got an order of zepolis because they were 4 for $1 and why not. It's Easter man, gotta live it up. Here's my zepoli:

Zep zep

A successful day altogether, I loved the weather, my outfit, the entertainment. Everything was just "grand" as a friend of mine always says about literally everything. Tomorrow I have to go back to work and no one likes that idea at all, least of all me. But tonight, it's Game of thrones and sweets and possibly tea if I'm in the mood so tomorrow can wait (isn't that the title of a famous song?). 

All in all, I hope you all had a terrific time with your families or by yourself or what have you. This was my first Easter solo and I didn't mind it in the least. Going to the theater reminded me that I need to always keep going to the theater. Just maybe not one located near Times Square because merciful heaven those dang tourists were EVERYWHERE. Good gracious. I'm becoming such a New Yorker. Kudos to me;)

Until next time lovelies.
xx

PS. This was a girl on the train who's outfit I was digging. We had on the same color scheme almost and everything. 

Almost twinsies

Comments

Popular Posts