Vegan (Food) and the Park.

Good evening ladies and gents and everyone else,

Let's just cut to the chase. Jump right in. Not beat around the bush. State the facts.
Haha.

So I went on a date on Monday night aka last night. It was pretty nice. We went to this place called Caravan of Dreams and it was vegan. Let me just tell you how much I appreciate a guy who seriously takes my dietary concerns into account when choosing a place for dinner. I LOVED it. We planned to meet at 7pm which gave me enough time to head home, drop some things off, and touch-up my face a bit before heading back out.

This is what my face ended up looking like (aren't I cute?)

I left my apartment on-time but the train was running early. What a surprise because I mean really, how often does that happen?? (I'll give you a hint, like NEVER) You have no idea how agitating it is to know that if the train were NOT running 3 minutes early, but rather on it's scheduled time, you would have made it, as opposed to watching it chug away. So after waiting for the next train and finally arriving to the part of Manhattan I was aiming for, I walked up to the spot. I text said Date Guy while I was on my way there because it was 7pm and I still had another 5-7 minutes. I tried to walk slowly on purpose to slow my heartbeat and calm down and it actually worked. A little. When I finally arrived, I got a text from Guy saying he was going to be late as well. What are the odds of that. I decided to get a table for us while I waited because the place wasn't that big and they were already waiting for a larger party to arrive.

Menu

After seven angst-filled minutes of perusing the menu and watching the door like a hawk, Guy walked through the door. One of the first things I thought when he walked through said door was, 'I kind of love that coat.' He leaned down to give me a half hug and say hi and I may or may not have received a kiss-on-the-cheek as part of that greeting, it's hard to know for sure.

That's my food in the bottom of the photo there, his at the top and drinks on right, his alcoholic, mine virgin

He asked me for my food recommendations before he ordered, because as a vegetarian/part-time vegan I am an automatic authority on seitan vs tofu vs tempeh. Once our food arrived, I just honestly admitted I was about to have an Instagram moment and take a photo, must to his surprise and amusement. After that I proceeded to devour my food because I mean, it was vegan and being paid for and actually delicious which is always a plus. I love eating vegan. Their avocado alone was to die for. And can I just tell you, the guys who work in this restaurant are pretty hot. And nice too. Just saying. Alright, I'm getting a little long-winded. Picking up the speed a bit, we talked for I don't even know how long about movies and books and a little bit of music but his taste is questionable so we switched back to movies. We probably could have kept talking about them forever? Because when you find a person who loves "Drive" as much as you do, you know that person is a kindred spirit, end of story. Also, he knew about some more art house films that I mentioned and he mentioned some himself. Ugh, SO MUCH YES for a person like that. As you can tell, I was very excited about this and so was he.

After dinner, at which I may or may not have eaten too much, after nixing dessert, we decided to just walk around and talk and ended up hanging out in Washington Square Park for at least an hour.** I probably should have and could have taken pictures but it was chilly and my hands were in my pockets and folded neatly across my lap thank you very much. The conversation moved all over the place. From how much Jersey, Florida and the Midwest suck to  dating and past relationships to college and high school and Tinder nightmares all with lots of sarcasm on my part or so I'm told. I guess I'm more sarcasm than I think? So much to the point he mentioned it several times, my being very sarcastic but him liking it, etc. In conversation, I ended up doing accents for people. I mean you know, when you're talking and you change your voice to be a guy or a girl or your mom or friend, etc. Those were quite likable as well. AND I just have to tell you all, because we're all so close you know, he called me sexy about three times and it wasn't in the form of a come-on. For example, he's telling me about myself a bit, saying thing's like, "Oh yeah you seem to be a really honest person, I really like that about you. Also you're sexy. Like subtly sexy, but reserved. You don't let your freak flag fly. You hang it out of your back pocket." Those last two lines had me both thinking and saying aloud, 'Uh ohhhhhh okay, that's because it looks cooler that way. Duh.' But still it was nice to hear. He was a bit analytical and could tell that I work out based on the amount of water I drank at dinner. Personally I'm still trying to figure that one out, it's validity I mean. It was so easy to talk with him though, to be honest, he was mostly asking questions which would lead to my sarcastic, witty, apparently undercover flirtatious answers, stories included. I felt absolutely awful, thinking back over it today, about the fact that I barely asked him anything. He gave me the opportunity and when put in the headlights like that, I blanked a bit. But in retrospect now there are so many things I could have and should have and wanted to ask. Oh well. Another time.

All of a sudden I happened to look at my watch and it was 10:30pm. He walked me to the train, we said our goodbyes, and I hopped on the train knowing I had to use the bathroom so bad who knew what would happen in-between that moment and my actually walking through my front door. Got home at around 11:45pm because I accidentally missed my transfer stop. I was too busy answering texts and looking at snapchats. To end the night, I had insomnia until 1 something and was freezing in bed so apparently my mind couldn't calm down after that.  Whether or not that is a good thing is debatable.

And now, a separate section for my thoughts on this Guy character: He's cool, in a nutshell. As I stated earlier, finding someone who can talk with you at length about various cultural movies and the Tribeca Film Festival and foreign films no one else has heard of and indie films only 5 people who live in Brooklyn have heard of is a bit of a rarity. I can wax poetic about these things so imagine my surprise and excitement when he reciprocated. And books! Movies and books are my life. One thing I will mention though is this, his secret, hidden, undercover sexual orientation was something I had to continually stop myself from asking him about. I mean sure okay, we met on Tinder but who's to say people don't try to just make friends on Tinder (few and far between I know but still). I just find it interesting on the whole. The way he speaks, how he carries himself, the way he dresses (not that straight guys can't dress well but I mean. Within the first 10 minutes of him arriving and sitting down he had complimented my outfit on it's put-together, cleanly, attractive attire), the amount of gay friends he has (SO many though). I really wondered. And considered a polite way to bring it up. More than once. More than twice actually. I don't have as much of a dissertation on this Guy which may be a good thing considering the fact that I usually only do when the date goes bad/weird/awkward/I leave lol'ing to the high hills. This Guy is cool. This Guy is nice. This Guy has manners. This Guy is blunt but not in a vulgar way. This Guy has style. This Guy is tall. In short, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Until next time lovlies,
xx

**Krista: Washington Square Park as you know is fabulous in the daytime, but girl, you should be there at night. It's just awesome.

PS. Here's what I looked like head to toe. 



I have no idea why these came out so grainy, they weren't when I took them


PSSS. I did just happen to mention this blog. He said it was cool. Lol what if he found it... (begin "Psycho" theme music because some parts of this might be awkward if they were talking about you directly)

PSSSS. I found out about all these art shows happening in the city between now and August and I am so excited to go now. Ugh, art <3

Comments

Popular Posts