Best Monday Ever?

Hello hello my fellow travelers of this life,

That was maybe the corniest opening I've ever written but whatever. Moving on, so today, I did not go to work. Scheduled days off are the best. Let me tell you why. After taking a possibly massive, life-changing test, I had the rest of the day to enjoy myself and oh did I have plans for it. 

First things first, I celebrated finishing the test by going to the book store. Studying for a month and a half straight makes you miss reading for pleasure more than you will ever understand. So I bought Gone Girl. Yeah, by Gillian Flynn. Because I keep hearing so much about it, I simply couldn't resist myself. And did I mention how much I've missed reading. 

So after that, it was time for lunch. Because it was 1:30 and my stomach was literally growling. Pizza was on the brain and I was nearly feigning for it. After walking around yet another brooklyn neighborhood I would kill to live in called Brooklyn Heights, then, upon walking some more, I stumbled across the most adorable little pizza place called Dellarocco's. This is what I had: 

It had shiitake mushrooms, rosemary and mascarpone and it was wood grilled and so delicious. You mad. 


After that, including slight awkwardness of my curly headed waiter, I walked over to a sweet shop and bought some sweets. 

Pretzel pretzel

Chocolate is the best. Going back to that walk earlier, I stumbled across/intentionally visited a little market called Sahadi's that my coworker told me about. It was MAGICAL. So many delicious looking things, it was hard not to spend any money in there.

Moving on, after the sweet shop, I went to the movies. Take your wildest guess at what I saw. 

If you guessed Gone Girl, then you're one smart cookie. Congrats. 
THAT MOVIE BLEW MY MIND


This was my overall attitude after walking out of that movie. So much shock

That's all I'll say about it because I am NOT giving spoilers for those who have yet to see it. It was fantastic. David Fincher is a genius. Plain and simple. 

Three things that did happen at the movies that I will tell you about are as follows:
  1. I walked in with a box with my leftover pizza in it and the guy nearly made me throw it out. Then, once I'd resigned myself to throwing it out, he stashed it for me and told me, "Only this once blah blah," and I said thanks but in my head was like, 'yo this is the last time I'm ever coming here. HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR PRICES?!?! IT'S CALLED MATINEE.'
  2. I bought a medium cherry Coke and I promise you that thing could fit almost an entire liter of soda, no joke. So huge. 'Murica.
  3. I had to go up about 6 escalators/floors to get to the floor my theater was on. That has never been an occurrence at any movie theater I have ever attended. Again, so strange.

Now I'm home, watching The Walking Dead from last night with warm pumpkin spice tea in my hand. If only every Monday were like this...

Until next time lovelies, 
xx

Comments

Popular Posts