Semi-Tamed

So I know it's been literally forever and I'm sorry. Work has gotten crazy and hen life decided to get crazy too and I've been so busy I haven't had time to think. 

I'll tell you two things though. 
#1. I saw Tame Impala at the Radio City Music Hall last Tuesday and it was a marvelous experience. The more I go there, the better. The more times I see hem, the more I love that band. There were all these couples seated around me but I consoled myself with the knowledge hat big my bag and my sweater were better than everyone else in my vicinity's. It helped. That and swaying to the sound of Kevin crooning. Ugh, what a guy, what a band. 



This guys name was something with a "P" but I forgot what
Just kidding! It's LA Priest (just remembered)

Waiting for Tame



That shape in the middle is Kevin. He decided to walk up to one of the balcony seats and hang for a second


Ps. This is what I looked like
Lashes on fleek 

I also walked past a random art gallery and totally fell in love with some of the stuff I saw. 

Fave



#2. Thing to tell you. 
So I had to take this est for work. It was to get my insurance license. I got promoted. This is all out of order. Let me start over. 

I got promoted in mid-September. As a result, in order to take full advantage of his promotion, I needed to get licensed for insurance with the state. That requires taking a 40-hour class, taking and passing their test, then sitting for the state exam, then finally, once you pass, sending in an application for your license. All of these have fees attached of course. I saw this all more or less coming the day I received an email that we were hiring a temp to be receptionist until at least January. I'm not sure if she'll get hired on permanently or what but she'll have to earn it the same way I did. Cause can't nobody do it like I could ;) 

So anyway. I took the class, which includes you reading and knowing the information in a large book that has 19 chapters, all on accident, health and life insurance. Too bad in my position I only deal mainly with health. But the company wants us to be licensed worth everything so for everything there I came. 

That class was so stressful and exhausting it was a nightmare. Mostly because you were covering 5-6 chapters a day and since I'd only received the book the Thursday before the class started, I barely had time to finish the homework assignment, reading the whole thing was out of the option. Then that same week, on Friday, we had the exam. I was so nervous and stressed I nearly spontaneously combusted on the spot. But I didn't. I finished and upon receiving the news I'd passed, I nearly kissed the test proctor, then went into the bathroom and cried. Sometimes it's nice to just have a good stress cry. 

After that, I went back to work (it was only like 11 something in the morning) and told everyone the news. They were all so proud, it was cute. I scheduled my test for the state to be a week and a half later to give me time to catch up with the readings I hadn't gotten around to as well as to better familiarize myself with the information. Fast forward to a week a going to a concert and, during the last day befor the test, starting to come down with my yearly allergies. Not to mention a weekend that went WAY different than planned. I walked in to the test today thinking, 'it's 150 questions, how could you not pass?' I was almost too tired to be nervous. 

Just shy of two hours later, I walked out with a passing grade. Later I found out I actually did better than quite a few people in my office. But we won't talk much about that. 

Let's just say, I'm grateful and thankful and truly blessed indeed. Because now, not only am I submitting my application tomorrow, I got a raise. Yeah you read right A RAISE. In case you're taking notes, that's he second one this year. Just saying. #blessed



Other things that have happened: 
-a friend from California came out to visit and things went way different than I think either of us had planned. I ended up very angry and he ended up apologetic. 
-I trained a new girl to be receptionist at my office and I honestly don't know how much I approve of her as far as work ethic goes. 
-I went to this youth night games thing with my church in Harlem and it was fabulous. I made/am making lots of new friends and they're all black and stylish and I love them. 
-I got sick. Sort of. 
-my hair has been looking fabulous lately. 
-I'd say I'm trying to curb my urge to go shopping but one time while I was on break from studying I bought two things in Amazon and it's questionable whether or not I actually need them. 

AHS is coming on now so I have to go. Sorry this won't be edited but I just can't.

I'll do my best to keep you kids posted. In the meantime tune in to my snapchat, where all the excitement happens. 

Until next time lovelies,
xx 










Comments

Popular Posts