A Most Exciting Year.

Hello hello hello my little cherubs,

I know, I know it's been a while. But today is January 14th. Besides being my aunt's birthday (happy birthday auntie!!) (lol she's not even going to see this), and a Wednesday, what is special about this day? Could it be the fact that it has been a year?
GUESS WHAT
It has. A full one. I arrived on a mission to conquer New York on this exact date one year ago.
Around this time too actually. And talk about the wild ride since then. Mercy.

For the sake of time and space, I'll summarize using bullet points because they're fun. And also photos, because we all know how much you lot love photos.
*these will be listed in semi-chronological order

  • Huddled in my toasty apartment looking at all the people out in the snow
  • Uhm... snow
  • Many first date dinner situations
This was vegan and delicious
  • ...Actually dating
  • Learning to navigate the subway system
  • Learning soon after that your relationship with MTA will be very love/hate-esque
  • Finding out there is life beyond Starbucks and it is so much more authentic and tasty... and cheaper (sometimes)
  • Visiting Ladurée for the first time and never wanting to leave
Sweet tooth
  • Getting a job !!! 
Making Snapchat opportunities like this possible
  • Going to the New York City Auto Show instead of the LA Auto Show 
...I couldn't tell you
  • Seeing FLOTUS IRL (you mad)

Floral dress
  • Falling in love with black and white cookies


It's even better when they're cheap
  • Falling in love with wandering these city streets
This is Soho actually


Gowanus, Brooklyn
  • Falling (even deeper) in love with pizza
This one was actually from TJ's

Yesssss
  • When this girl visited, and all of our ensuing adventures
<3 
(still waiting for you to move out here!!)
  • Attending a world renowned film festival and, subsequently promising myself I will go every year until I don't live here anymore
SO MANY GREAT FILMS
  • GRADUATING COLLEGE
Diplomatized 

...no biggie ;)
  • Giving up Aggie:( she will be missed by more than just me
Forever love and miss my bae
  • Going to a concert alone for the first time (And loving it!)


Lights at Phantogram
  • Going to a free outdoor concert for the first time


I saw Warpaint that night and it made me love them
  • Walking around almost the entire summer looking like this
I love this photo so much I can't even begin to tell you
  • Attending an outdoor screening of a movie for the first time
Saw "American Hustle" with that as a backdrop
  • Turning 23!(*#&@(*&#&!#!
Selfie from that lovely
  • And otherwise generally living up the summer like I never have before
She was so great. And A$AP Rocky was also in attendance
  • Went to Gay Pride for the first time (I know, I'm as surprised as you)
Rainbow Storm Trooper is still my fave
  • Visiting the below pictured magical place
So many pretty flowers
  • Spending a random holiday at the park, walking around, and getting ice cream, and other things
  • Attending more concerts in a 5-week span than ever in my life before
  • Attending one of them at the Radio City Music Hall
Lykke Li love forever
  • Meeting strangers at concerts and later wanting to be besties with them
  • Getting my hair back to a state of health and vitality
  • Seeing famous art/artist retrospectives
Jeff Koons at the Whitney

That's Marina Abramoviç in case you weren't sure

Keith Haring I believe but don't quote me
  • Meeting one of my newest favorite authors and HAVING HER SIGN MY BOOK AND TALK TO ME 
  • FEMINISM
  • Giving the stockings with sandal heels a try and loving it
  • Getting catcalled so many times I didn't know what to do with myself
Should have made that face
  • Taking way more subway creeper photos than I should probably admit to
  • Mac n' cheese like you've never had before
  • More theater productions in a year than I'd ever accomplished (in a year) before 
Set for "The Maids"


Heck yea that's James Franco
Heck yea I saw him live and in person
  • First time I went to a concert in a sweatshirt because I was NOT feeling it that day
  • When this lady visited
Always and forever my bestest ride or die
(her phone's camera is literally the worst)
  • Receiving roses as gifts from dudes
Presh
  • Spending Christmas and New Years' solo and not being horribly angry about it
  • And now, the apartment hunt of a lifetime (do us both a favor and don't ask. When I have an answer, you'll know)
This was yesterday actually. Listening to Serial... ohmygoodness


Of course I've left out a million and one things but how can I cover an entire year in a post. Well.. i could I suppose but this has already taken me an hour and I'm hungry so, tough luck. Needless to say, thank you to everyone aka my parents who made this move possible. But also, thank you to the friends who stuck around and didn't stop talking to me just because I didn't live nearby anymore. That's true friendship for real and it is so greatly appreciated in this world of shadiness. You guys are without a doubt the greatest thing since sliced bread and I love you so. Thank you to all of you who actually read this blog and like it. It makes me smile. Broadly. But most of all, thank you to God. That may sound cliché but I cannot and would never be able to fully express to you how much it's not. Words cannot express (apparently that's my new favorite phrase but I'm totally just going to run with it for now) how blessed I am and feel to be living here with parents who support me both emotionally and financially. Especially financially. BECAUSE DUDE. But money or no money, I cannot get enough of this city. It's simply too great to ever be fully conquered. You just have to ride it. Like a wave or something. I don't know. That was weird. Whatever, this city is fantastic and I'm never leaving til I'm old and gray.

This year has been one of the toughest of my life but I've learned so much and probably wouldn't change a thing about it. It's made me the young woman I am today, and though I'm still learning oodles about her on an almost hourly basis, I think I kind of like her ;)

Until next time lovelies,
xx

PS. Yes I'm aware of that space before the post actually starts. I tried fixing it. It didn't work. Idk man

Comments

Popular Posts