Flowers and stuff.

Hello hello hello!
Today, Sunday, I took a little trip. Since Krista raved about how fabulous the Botanical Gardens here in Brooklyn were when she visited, I'd been meaning to go visit myself but hadn't found/made the time. I planned ahead and, after first meeting up with someone on Craigslist for the first time to buy concert tickets (she was nice, SO excited for August now), I walked over.

Prospect Park West aka where I want to move to

Yo neighborhood ain't like this

I actually walked so much today it's a little insane but I didn't mind it. I had my DSLR also so, lucky for me and for you, many great shots were taken. I'll try to cut down the amount of photos because believe me there are a million. I got a little snap happy out there, in retrospect. But without further ado, I give you, Nina's Trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden:

Pretty gate

The entrance

Walkways on walkways on walkways

Everything is Versailles-esque here

This would be a cute place to get proposed to

A bee doing what bees do (Desktop background skillz)

Hello pretty

Photo op spot for this little family

Shy girl play on

Better angle of the above above location

Cliché but you know you still love them

What if I dyed my hair this color? :)

Lol girl get your ride on

This is called the Cherry Walk, I didn't see any cherries

Result of Hurricane Sandy

I have a (massive) thing for sunflowers <3

Massive I tell you

Made me want to cook a bit

Salad time

Those puppies were ginormous

Cute

This is cocoa before you eat it

Water lilies aka Ikea's new idea for a weird chair

Versailles-esque part 2

Fave

And now for the plants, flowers, etc. with strange/interesting/random names, of which there are many. Prepare yourselves.

"Cinderella Fairy Tale"- home girl's even got a plant now, gracious

"Oso Easy Honey Bun"- Lol you easy honey bun you

"Touch of Class"- classy never trashy indeed

"Rocky"- doesn't quite live up to it's predecessor

"Mignon Single Dahlia"- I just liked this one

"Marco Polo"- anyone up for a rousing game?

"Rosemary"- purty

"Marsh-mallow"- so there's the food and the plant, who knew

                           
"Syringa Vulgaris 'Maiden's Blush'"- doesn't the first part of that name sound like something out of GoT
"Absinthe"- drinks anyone?

"Anise"- I love anise, it's strong but fabulous

"Tiger Lily"- the new Jungle Book has a mighty interesting way of casting people...

"Lemon Balm"- like I could make chapstick with this or?

"Peppermint"- give me candy! or a pattie. or both.

"Popcorn"- hungry now

"Syngonium 'Banana Cream Allusion'"- oh sweetheart, you dreamin' too much

"Cardamom"- carda-yum

"Dancing Girl Ginger"- quite expressive for a leafy green

"Fleur D'Amour"- translation: flower of love

"Queen-of-the-Night"- I'm not exactly sure what the actual plant looked like...

"Goatsbeard"- even hairy goats faces get plants named after them

"Mojito Mint"- anyone feeling parched? drinks round two

"Lavender Cotton"- if your cotton automatically smelled like lavender? imagine how lovely...

"Lily"- self-explanatory, no?

"Four O'Clocks"- do these only bloom at 4? also, AM or PM?

All in all, the day was absolutely lovely. Sure my hair was a mess because it was humid outside and then warm and then I felt rain drops every so often but apart from that... Krista was absolutely right. This place is fabulous. 

Until next time lovelies,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts